Chapter One ♡

Moorland

Everything was spinning and her head was on fire. She was unable to breath and her head was spinning like a carousel. She didn't know if she was screaming or not but surely she must be, she was certainly dying.
She grabbed the armrest thightly, so hard her fingers must have been turning white. Though she had her eyes closed and couldn't see. But she was sure her whole body would be in the process of turning blue and white by now.

Inevitably that was the colour of corpses.
How tragic, she though in her last moment of life, you didn't even get to see the horses.

"Excuse me, Miss?" A voice came through her curtain of blissful death.
"Am I dying?" She asked weakly.
"Are you alright, Miss?" The voice asked again. Now a bit more solicitude.

Slowly she opened her eyes.
As it happened to turn out, she was not dying. It was even worse. She was in one of the unpleasantly comfortable first class seats on an airplane.

Moa did not like flying. In fact, she felt quite justified to say that flying was one of her least favourite things.
Horses being the first, and chocolate chip cookies a very close second.

"Miss?" The air-hostess repeated.
"Yes, yes I'm alive." Moa said dryly.
Great, her throat was dry from screaming, meaning she'd just embarrassed herself on an airplane full of people. Wasn't that just a great start to the summer?
Jorvik Gazette; Foreign Girl Freaking out on Plane. She could see the headlines in front of her. Oh well. It couldn't get any worse now.

By the time Moa got of the buss and dropped her duffle bag on the ground - a cloud of dust sprung up around it and she coughed violently, waving the dirt away from her face - she was quite doubtful, going to summer camp in not only another country but on the altogether practically isolated island of Jorvik.

The brochures had made it sound like a good idea. Great even. Spend the summer at Moorland Stables and ride in the amazing and unique nature of Jorvik.

In all fairness, Jorvik was pretty much the paradise for riders, so why would she not go, having the chance?

However getting bullied for four months because of her flying phobia had not occurred to her then.

"Moa you utter coward." She scolded herself quietly. Like she, Moa, couldn't handle a couple of mean girls on horseback?
"Get yourself together Moa." There might not even be a group of superior mean girls at Moorland.

"Hello." A friendly voice said.
Moa jumped and looked around startled. She'd totally forgotten she was standing before the impressive iron gates of the stable grounds.
Yeah, impressive was the right word.

Moorland Stables was built out of a stoney white material with great walls and multiply buildings. Surrounded by green trees on one side and a beach with clear water on the other.
It was that kind of place you had to see the fully appreciate.

"Hi?"
In front of her stood a tall, pretty handsome, black haired man and smiled kindly at her. "You must be Moa?"
She nodded and he continued. "Welcome to Moorland, and Jorvik. I'm Justin, nice to meet you."
He stretched out a calloused hand that Moa took, shaking it.
"My dad owns this place," Justin explained and gestured for her to come inside the gates. "It's quite hectic around here right now but forget about that, you shouldn't be bothered by our problems."

"I don't mind." Moa said sincerely.

Justin only smiled and gestured to the old looking, yet well taken care of, stable to this right. "Let's go then."