Chapter 3 Part 1: We Was A Teenage Abomination

3ed POV

  "Well Luz and (Y/n), did you ever in your lives have you seen something as breathtaking as this?!" Eda says to the two teenagers, who had horrified and disgusted expressions.

  In front of the four was a large slug like creature that looked dead, lying in heaps of trash on the beach, little ways from the Owl House.

  "I don't like this," Luz comments as (Y/n) nods her head.

  "Yes it doesn't get more inspiring than a Trash Slug. It makes a home, a life from others thrown by the wast side." Eda says as she throws a rubber chicken aside, "until, BLAM! It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from the salt. Then, we can sell stuff that it ate!" Eda says as she holds up a pick axe.

  "Please don't do that," (Y/n) groans as she stepped backwards, away from the mining equipment.

  "Come you two, its not everyday you get to the dump and pick up a garbage carcass," King says as he lays down a duck towel on the sand.

  "Eh, nuts to you both," Eda says before banging the pick axe into the Trash Slug's eye.

  "So Eda, what if we try some new lessons for me and (Y/n)'s apprenticeship?" Luz asks Eda, "like read ancient scrolls? Or mix some potions?"

  "Uhg, that sounds like a lot of Magic School stuff," Eda sneered as she continues to dig around.

  "Wait, Magic School? Is there one around here," (Y/n) says enthusiastically. "Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots and threats around every turn at any corner? That kind of Magic School?"

  "Something like that, but what's worse they force you to use magic the 'proper' way," Eda quotes. "But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable, that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, yet look at me. Who wouldn't be who I am right now."

  Luz and (Y/n) cringed at the flies and trash around Eda, who took notice. "Uh, hey! Here's a lesson for you both. A great witch is resourceful." Eda says as she grabs onto the teenagers hands and dipped them into a goopy green substance. The two gags at the slimy feeling, until they felt something in their palms.

  Luz looks at her hand to see a small object, "Oh hey. A greasy slim ball."

  (Y/n) looks at her hand to see a odd looking pendant, she wiped away the remaining goop to reveal a coal color symbol that (Y/n) recognized from cards. "I have.... A spade pendant?"

  "Huh, you don't see those any day," Eda remarks as she gazes at the pendant before brushing it off by grabbing the girl's shoulders

  "Huh, you don't see those any day," Eda remarks as she gazes at the pendant before brushing it off by grabbing the girl's shoulders. "Use your items wisely, you witches." Eda says in a wise owl tone. Heheh. Owl pun. "Now, back at it! We'll hit the stink nodes first."

  "Actually, if it's ok if me and (Y/n) head back to the house, and look at pictures of animals that are still alive." Luz says as she grabs (Y/n)'s forearm while backing up. "Love you King, little beach peach," Luz adds as she rubs King's stomach, causing him to giggle.