Chapter 12 Part 2: Adventure In The Elements

3rd POV

  "Alright you two," Eda starts. "The earliest witches came to the Knee to develop their magic, drawn to its natural power."

  "It's beautiful!" Luz gapes.

  "And it's cold," (Y/n) mutters sourly.

  "You bet it is," Eda says before she gestures to the side. "Though, it's not without its dangers."

Luz and (Y/n) screamed as they saw a Slitherbeast is gnawing on a tree trunk.

  "The Slitherbeast! Don't worry, if you don't mess with him, he won't mess with you." Eda informed.

  Luz blows a raspberry at the Slitherbeast. It bites through the tree trunk and sniffs in Luz's direction.

  Luz and (Y/n) yelped and ran to catch up with Eda

  "Here's where we'll set up shop," Eda says as she stops in front of the two humans.

  "We'll definitely learn our second spell here! Gorgeous views, magic in the air. And best of all, we're completely alone!" Luz says before a pink light illuminates her.

  Eda gasps, "watch out!" Eda tackles Luz and (Y/n), seconds before a pink fireball hits the spot where the two humans had been standing in. Eda pops up over the rocks they fell behind with her staff drawn. Luz and (Y/n) also pops up.

  Luz gasps as she sees Amity and the twins bellow the hill. "Sorry, whoever's over there!"

  Luz ducks back down, hides her face with her hat, "forget teaching me a spell, just make me disappear."

  "Well, okay, but I've got a 60/40 record of making you re-appear. Oh! You meant... ah, never mind." Eda chuckles.

  "Hey guys! we're fine," (Y/n) waves at the three.

  Edric and Emira wave, "hey (Y/n)! Hey Luz!"

  "Luz, come on, they're our friends." (Y/n) bekcons Luz to her feet.

  Luz stands up, "okay, let's do this. Hey guys!" Luz waves as she smiles nervously.

  Eda raised an eyebrow, "who are they?"

  "They are our friends, the twins were with us when we had that Cafe fiasco." (Y/n) explains as Eda let out a simple 'oh.'

  Luz grabs Eda's and (Y/n)'s jacket, "be cool! If they know I haven't mastered two spells, they'll think I belong in the baby class!"

  Amity walks towards them, "what's that about the baby class?

  "Only that it's for babies and Luz and (Y/n) here are clearly aren't babies." Eda then leans in to whisper to a glaring Luz and a annoyed (Y/n). "Nailed it," Eda whistles and walks away.

  "Amity!" Luz yells as she slips, then poses on the ground to mask her slip up. "Wha... What are you doing here?"

  "I'm here to train. I'm trying to beat Ed and Em's highest score on the exam," Amity explained.

  Emira popped up from behind Amity, "Aw, Mittens. That's impossible!"

  Edric also popped up from behind Amity, "she still needs to use a training wand to learn new spells. So what are you workin' on? Something powerful?"

  "Yup! Powerful spells! I'm workin' on one that's so crazy! Eda's a pretty incredible teacher." Luz quickly brags.

  "Um Luz," (Y/n) points as she grabs Luz's attention.

  Luz looks over where (Y/n) was pointing, "huh?"

  Eda was carrying a basket of snowballs, "Luz! (Y/n)! I shall now teach you how to identify different types of snow- by taste! Go on, eat the snow," Eda says as she shoves it in Luz's face, and doing the same with (Y/n).