Chapter 35

Roman's POV

Day 40

"So the only information we need now is the location of Deceit and the Duke's base," Logan says, looking through his checklist.

"That's pretty easy, it's the old shipping warehouse, the one that stored a bunch of fish," Virgil says.

"Alright, I shall look up the exact location and we can go from there," Logan goes to his room, leaving the three of us in the living room.

Virgil stands up as well, "I'm gonna go change."

"Wait, change into what?" I ask, seeing as he's already dressed.

"Into my suit?" He says, looking confused by the question.

"I thought you were staying here," I say, not sure how I feel about Virgil joining us against the people that kidnapped him.

He sighs, "Roman, like it or not, I want to go with. This is my fight too. I helped out Deceit and Duke for so long, it's only right that I help put them behind bars," He argues.

Patton puts a hand on my arm, "It's his choice kiddo."

As much as I hate the idea of Deceit or Duke hurting Virgil again, I understand wanting revenge, "Okay."

"Glad you approve, but I wasn't asking for your permission," Virgil points out, patting my shoulder and going to his room. Patton tries and fails to suppress a laugh, falling off the couch in the process. Virgil walks out soon after, finding Patton wheezing on the ground as I pout, "Wha-"

"Don't ask," I say, trying to preserve what pride I have left.

"O-kay then," He says slowly, sitting down and staring worriedly at Patton as he tries to catch his breath.

"Hey, if the media shows up then this could be a good chance to prove you've turned good and stuff," I point out. I'm not afraid to fight a b!tch if they try to arrest Virgil so let's hope it doesn't come to that.

"Yeah, but wouldn't that involve talking to the media? What if I say the wrong thing or they ask about everything I've done-"

"Don't worry," I reassure him, putting my hands on his shoulders to ground him, "I'm sure that you helping take Deceit and Duke down will be enough, and the police never publicly revealed your name."

"But they could," He points out.

I pull him close, "If they do then I'm sure that Logan can make a case about that being an invasion of privacy," He giggles, and I gasp loudly.

"You didn't hear that," He says, blushing brightly through his foundation.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, stormcloud," I say, resolving to just replay the sound over and over in my head. It's not like he's a mind reader, or is he? I'M STRAIGHT!!! ....Okay I don't think he's a mind reader or else he would've had several questions for me. He grumbles slightly as I koala hug him, leaving him unable to move.

"Alright, I believe I have found the correct ad- what happened while I was away?" Logan asks once he walks back into the living room. Seeing Logan this confused is honestly priceless.

"Virgil's salty because of how cuddly Roman is," Patton tells him.

Logan looks even more confused, "How could a person be 'salty'? Unless they consumed extra sodium I don't see how that is remotely possible."

"He means I'm annoyed with how touchy-feely Roman is, but at the same time I can't get genuinely mad at him," Virgil explains, leaving me to smile proudly at the 'can't get mad at him' part.

"Oh. Well anyway, the warehouse is twelve blocks away from here, do you by chance know if Deceit and the Duke will be there?"

"No idea, Duke is unpredictable, and Deceit usually goes along with it to make sure he doesn't get arrested," Virgil says.

"Even if they aren't there, we can always wait for them at the warehouse," Patton points out.

Logan shrugs, "We could, but there's no telling how long we might have to wait, and a warehouse has few windows so it is unlikely that we will know if they're there or not."

"Then let's go and find out," Virgil suggests, ready to get out of my loving embrace.

Logan and Patton both agree, getting up to leave via the fire escape since walking through the hallways of our apartment building in costume wouldn't be very smart. Once the other two are outside I stop Virgil, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Roman, I have to do this. It's hard to explain but after everything, I want to help make sure that they can't hurt anyone else."

"Okay," I'm still worried for his safety but he has powers and I'll be there. Plus with the glasses Logan designed Deceit won't be able to take control of Virgil again, "Let's go kick some a-" Patton glares at me, "Butt." 

We both climb out, quickly getting to the ground before someone can figure out where we live. Logan leads the way out to the warehouse, being the only one that knows where to go besides Virgil. Sure enough, we stop by an overgrown warehouse that is probably infested with something. Well, something other than Remus. 

"So...do we just go in and see if they're home?" Patton asks.

"We could, but would the door or windows be locked?" Logan asks Virgil.

"Windows, no. The door, probably," He answers.

Sitting here isn't going to get us anywhere, "So how about we go in, and if they're not there then we can just wait and surprise them," I suggest.

They agree, I mean why wouldn't they, and Virgil goes through the skylight to unlock the door. We awkwardly wait outside, and I can't help but worry that Deceit and Duke are home and that he's facing them alone. Thankfully, he opens the door a couple seconds later, giving the all clear. We step inside the darkened warehouse, locking the door to avoid suspicion. Logan starts looking through Deceit's scattered papers and materials. Patton immediately goes to find Virgil's old room for nostalgia purposes despite his protests. I laugh and look around the poorly decorated place, wondering what it was like to live here.

"Remus for the last time we aren't going to get you a pet gerbil."

"Why? Because you'd eat it alive??"

Oh shoot. 

A/N: Wonder who that could be *cough* sarcasm *cough*