He laughs. "It's mine to waste, and spending it on you is never a waste."

"But, it must have cost-"

"Baby, don't worry about money. We have more than enough to buy you some clothes. It may surprise you, but I'm actually a pretty shrewd businessman." He winks, telling me to drop it.

Changing the subject, I bring up work. "I have to go back to Curtis's farm, shitty cell service. I'll probably be there all afternoon." 

He frowns but nods. "I guess I'll head to training and let you get ready." He pauses as he walks by, giving me a lingering kiss as my body instantly melts. I feel like my body responds even more to him now. 

Great.

I walk into the bathroom after he leaves to shower, freezing instantly when I catch my reflection. The left side of my neck has a clear purple bite mark with a couple hickies. 

What are we teens!? 

I sigh, brushing my fingertips against the bite and expecting it to be tender. I wasn't prepared for the pleasure that shoots through my body instead. Once recovered, I step into the shower and clean up. 

I guess today will be a hoodie day.

I dress and make my way out front, managing to not run into anyone. 

My truck's gone!? 

I turn around and take off for the training field.

I've never had a chance to watch training, but the sight in front of me is impressive to say the least. Powerful pairs spare with each other, performing moves so fast and coordinated it looks like a dance. Chris is walking alongside Sara as they evaluate the pairs. They pause here and there, offering corrections or compliments to the sparring partners.

I just stand there watching him in his element. He exudes confidence and power, his keen eyes missing nothing. His warriors hang on every word, swelling with pride at his praise or fierce determination at his correction. Jace and Xavier walk the far side and although you can see the respect, they don't get the same level as Chris. 

Chris pauses, sniffing the air before his eyes find mine, a smile takes over his face as he makes his way towards me.

"I thought you had somewhere to be?" He teases.

"I do, but my truck's gone," I say furrowing my brow.

He frowns with a far away look in his eyes. "Looks like a couple of Omegas borrowed it to go to town. Sorry, they are on their way back but about half an hour or so out." I frown. "Just grab something from the garage, we'll drop your truck off later," he smiles.

A commotion from one of the nearest pairs grabs his attention for a moment as an argument over a cheap shot breaks out. Sara and Xavier are there in an instant sorting things as Jace comes over.

"S'up, lil' elf," he greets. He starts to study me with a knowing grin spreading across his face. I glare trying to make him cut it out, causing his grin to grow further.

I give him one more warning glare, which he ignores. A troublesome glint flashes in his eyes as he goes to speak. "Stop staring at my ass Jace," I chirp, cutting him off as I turn back to Chris. 

Chris spins instantly, taking in Jace as he now stares at my back. He pales instantly giving Chris an apologetic look. "Chris I-I wasn't-" he stammers.

"Beta Jace just volunteered to test all of you to see your progress with the takedown we've been practicing today," Chris commands.

"Try to stay out of trouble," he grumbled in my ear, kissing me before heading back to training.