32 Yours

I wake up slowly with the sun streaming in and a gentle breeze dancing on my skin. Chris is still sleeping deeply beneath me, smiling even in his sleep. 

'You took away his pain.' 'I think we took away each other's pain.'

The morning after has never been my thing. I usually startle awake not knowing where I am and wondering why I'm naked just adds to the panic until I remember. All I want after reality sets in  is to go home and shower as soon as possible. But not this time.

For the first time I feel complete and content. Sex has NEVER felt any where near this. I'm content to just lay here wrapped in his arms while the sparks dance between our skin.

My fingers aimlessly travel over his chest, tracing the various scars that criss-cross it. He did say that he's had to fight for everything all his life, so I shouldn't be surprised by how many there are. He breathes in deeply as his hazel eyes flutter open.

"That is an excellent way to wake up," he says grinning at me as I blush. His sleepy eyes still swirl with lust, reminding me just how naked I am. Clutching the blanket tighter, I try to push off but he pulls me back closer. "Don't," he whispers. "Stay with me."

His deep voice relaxes me instantly as I sink back down against his chest. He kisses the top of my head as he brushes a few strands of hair away from my face. After a while he asks, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," I murmur.

He laughs nervously. "I know that mind of yours is always running." He pauses before whispering, "Do you regret it?"

My head snaps up in shock, and my eyes lock on his. "No! Why, do you?" There's an edge of panic I wish wasn't there.

"Fuck no!" He wraps me tighter against his chest. "Why would you ever think that!?"

"I don't know," I say, dropping my gaze.

He lifts my chin, making me look at him before speaking again. "Baby, I know exactly how I feel about you. You are mine as I am yours. I don't want anyone but you, and I want you in every way, as my lover, my friend, and my mate. I don't want you to ever doubt yourself in my eyes, okay?" 

I nod but he pulls me in for a kiss, as if to seal the deal. "Are you hungry?" 

My stomach's rumbling in response. "Yeah, what time is it?" 

"Nearly ten," he replies. 

I shoot up, taking the blanket with me as Chris just laughs. "Got a hot date?" he jokes.

"No, I mean, what?" He's caught me off guard with that one. I did have to hit Curtis's farm today, but I do not need him to be jealous over someone else.

"Don't you have meetings or something? You're usually gone first thing?" I try to shift the attention but only get a questioning look instead.

"Are you kicking me out of bed already?" He teases, mischief dancing in his eyes.

"No," I groan.

"Relax, there's nothing pressing," he trails off but there is a flash of guilt.

"But," I prompt.

"But nothing, Jace took over training this morning for me." He shrugs, hoping I'll let it go.

"You don't have to change your schedule for me," I say softly. "But thank you." 

He smiles at me, "For you I'd do anything. Besides waking up with you wrapped around me was worth it," he says with a devilish grin, causing me to blush.