Chapter 2: New Neighbors

PETER'S POV

I walk up to see the sun rising. I checked the time on my clock; it read 7:12 am. Great. Another glorious Sunday morning. I slowly got out of my cozy, warm, soft bed and walked into the hallway and did all the things I needed to do in the bathroom in the morning. 

I came back into my room, opened by balcony doors and sat on my hammock chair. I stood up to see the sight of a car pulling up in the drive way of the house across from mine. The car stopped and nothing happened for about two seconds. After those two seconds passed, a boy about 11 or 12 years old ran out of the car and headed straight for the trunk while a man from the drivers side walked up to the front door with a key and unlocked it. Very short after the boy ran inside with a box without closing the door. My eyes moved to the families car to see a girl about my age copying I guess her  brother's action. I barely caught a glimpse of the girl since she was working fast. Right when she was inside, a woman opened the door to the backseat to reveal a toddler age boy who looked exactly like the woman, who I'm assuming is the children's mother. The two walked into the house as well.

 Boxes, a key to the house, a family. Looks like I have new neighbors. I smirked at a new thought: A new girl at the high school to tease. How lovely. How very, very, lovely. My smirked deepened.

I went down stairs to find my parents getting ready for work. "Mother, Father, it appears that we have new neighbors right across the street."

"Really? How marvelous! Honey, did you hear that? Maybe we can invite them to dinner tomorrow. What do you think?"  

"I don't see why not. I'll ask them later, and if they accept," my father turned to me in mid sentence. "Peter, you will have to be on your BEST BEHAVIOR. Understood, young man?"

I nodded a 'yes' in response but that doesn't mean I can't play around before then. I smirked in my mind but looked completely innocent on the outside. 

After my parents went to their workplaces, I decided to grab a granola bar, an apple, and a glass of water and headed back into my room on the top floor. I grabbed my novel, Robin Hood and relaxed on my hammock chair and started reading. The day pasted by as I got lost in my book without even noticing. I saw the sun starting to set and looked up. From the side of my eye, I saw someone on a balcony that is straight ahead of me. I looked at that balcony and saw the girl. Prettier than I thought she would be. She had chestnut colored hair and blue sapphire eyes with freckles underneath them. She was looking at the street so I followed her gaze. The girl was looking at a man and woman with two dalmatians. They were going into the neighborhood park. 

Then something unusual caught my eye. It was a car. Not any car, but a Pizza-Hut car! I turned my head towards a the sound of a giggle. It was the girl. She was shaking her head and laughing with a smile on her face. She ran back onto the house without shutting her doors to the balcony. Tomorrow was going to be very interesting. I smirked once more then finished the last chapter of the novel as I saw my parents at the newbies doorstep. Oh, very interesting indeed.