28.[Where She Is Busy Falling Apart]

Start from the beginning

"Jus—Just stay away from him. You hear me?"

I blinked nodding my head rapidly. "Ye—yesss yess sir."

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into, please." He uttered letting go of my arm. "Let's talk about your classroom. Who do you think would do this?"

"I have no idea." I mumbled.

"Now Ms.Phoebe nothing like this has ever happened in this school before. It has spooked some staff and I want to now, do you have something I should know about?" He asked walking around to sit in his chair.

"Noo no sir."

He looked at me, sternly. "Are you sure, Ms.Washington?"

What was I going to say? Hey I used to be an exotic dancer or rather escort, who worked for my thug, drug country running ex-boyfriend. No I think I'll pass.

"I'm sure sir."

{After School, later in the Evening ,Phoebe---At Chinese Restaurant]

"Yeah can I just get some pork-friend rice to go?"

She nodded, her head heading back to the kitchen. I was feeling more depressed than before right now. So much bullshit was just climbing onto my back. And it all had something to do with me. That's why I say men and I, we just don't work. I try not to be so irresistible but it doesn't work.

Kaitlyn's father hasn't called me today; I don't even know why I'm keeping tabs. He just slept in my bed and possibly brushed his teeth with my toothbrush but it's not like we have something special. I was going to take this Chinese and head over to my parents. I was too scared to go home tonight atleast seeing August wasn't going to protect me tonight.

"Roscoe baby what do you want?" This annoyingly squeaky voice said from next to me.

I looked over seeing it was a girl that was obviously not cold, seeing she wore all skimpy attire. I rolled my eyes, tapping my nails on the counter awaiting my food. Not even bothering to entertain Roscoe because I knew only he would date something like that.

"Anything..." I heard as I held my face in the other direction.

"I been callin'you." He muttered very close to my ear from behind me.

I sighed, not wanting to converse or argue with him. "And I obviously have not been answering."

"Who pissed in your cereal?" He asked.

I turned around and saw that he was nicely dressed and for once he had a proper haircut.

"No one."

"You lookin' good today. Always so dam fine." He mumbled looking me up and down. He raised his hand and touched my hair.

"Roscoe don't you have a date to get back to?"

"Ion even kno ha'. I'm tryna to get with you." He smiled.

"Roscoe I had a long day. I rather not talk."

"Who said we gotta talk? I just wanna make you scream" He came closer to me grinning. I knew he was just trying to get me to smile.

I turned to him looking at him, carefully. I looked at his hand and noticed he had a band-aid on it.

"What happened to your hand Byron?"

He quickly put it in his jacket pocket. " A lah' burn."

"Oh really? From what?"

"Something you ain need ta worry about." His eyes were so red.

"Roscoe are you okay?" I asked now in worry and concern.

"I'm just chillin' , why can't you chill?"

The woman came back with my food and I paid her and thanked her, turning to leave, but he grabbed my arm.

"I love you Phe. Memba' that."

I squinted my eyes. "Roscoe did you trash my classroom last night?" I asked vaguely I could tell when he was lying. They say love makes you do crazy things maybe trashing my class was one.

"Your classroom?"

"Yess my classroom."

"Nah I ain't. Why you asking me?"

"Because someone did."

"So you thinkin' it's me?"

"I'm just asking you."

He pulled me closer to him. "Phoebe as much as you playin' a nigga ion do nem' typa shit. Ion even got time for dat' and plus I know that would hurt you so why would I do that?"

"Now you care about what would hurt me?"

"Look I ain't do shit. I wasn't even here last night, I was up north."

"Whatever you say Roscoe."

"Roscoe baby are food is ready." The girl said calling him.

"I gotta tell you something Phe. Imma need ya' help real soon."

"What is it Roscoe?" I asked now frustrated.

"It ain the right time. Imma see you around."

He let go of my arm and I watched him for a while before I headed to the exit.

Some day I was having.

Excuse my errors .VOTE/COMMENT! The more y'all do the more I update. Phoebe in MM.