CHP:-1

Enjoy reading guys.

***

(Anika's pov)

Life is such a roller coaster ride, full of twist and turns. Never ever thought that the guy whom I crushed on, dreamt about having family with is here standing Infront of me all decked up as a groom with a charming smile on his face waiting for his bride.

And you know what's interesting part here? My best friend, whom I shared my every secret with is his to-be-wife. Damn! That hurts like a shit*.

Uh- huh let's not get there first. It all started a month back . The worst day of my life, 18th May 2020, at exact 7pm my phone rang showcasing Ragini, my best friend's name on the screen.

(Phone conversation)

"Hey! It's been long since you last called" I spoke

" It's you who is always busy Dr.Psyco!"

" I surrender" Somewhere been busy with my profession gave me less time to be in touch with my friends and family.

"Great. Anyways, I've called you to disclose a surprise to you." Her voice depicted excitement.

"You got promoted?"

"Nahh!"

" Finally uncle agreed to buy you a pet dog?"

"Nope!"

"You are pregnant?"

"Get your mind out of gutter Dr.Psyco!" I could imagine her having a poker face right now.

"What's the surprise?" I asked jumping straight to the point.

"I'm getting married!" She shouted from another side.

"You're joking right!" She can't be serious.

"No psyco. I swear on my Gucci clothes."

"Oh my god! I can't believe you are getting married babe!"

"It's a destination wedding at Goa and you have to bring Uncle- Aunty and Gauri too!"

"Sure but tell me who's the groom?"

"Umm..you know him!" she stammered.

"Oh! Vikram? I told you na you two will end up together." I gushed

"Nope! It's not him", I went silent.

"Then?"

"Shivaay!" Phone slipped off my hands.

Shivaay! His name was enough to increase my heartbeat. My college crush which slowly changed into love.

I was complete introvert and he was quite opposite. He was my senior and the very first time I saw him, I knew he was the one. But shit happened and we parted away.

After my graduation we shifted to Singapore where I completed my MD and now I'm one of the well know psychiatrist around the world.

I was only in touch with few friends and Ragini was one of them.

I am speechless hearing that she is marrying Shivaay even after knowing my feelings for him but trust me i'm not hurt. I knew one or other day he was gonna marry to someone else but out of all girls he choose Ragini, i'm quite shocked.

Now, it's not a hindi tv serial where i'm gonna hate my best friend and cry over feeling betrayed by my ex- love and best friend.
I had already got over him or you can tell I had locked my feelings somewhere in the corner of my heart.

"Annie, it's dinner time." Gauri barged inn

"Hmm..let's go." I stood up wrapping up my files and papers.

"Why do I feel something is off with you?" She asked raising her eyebrow. She can read me like an open book.

"Ragini is getting married!" I huffed waiting for her dramatic reaction.

"Woah! That's great news. When is the wedding? Who is she marrying? God! We have to buy so many dresses for every function and....

"Gauri relax. Take a breath" She sometimes get too excited.

"Marriage functions are gonna start 3 weeks from now and we will be flying back to India next week. Don't worry we'll buy our lehenga and stuffs from there as we would be having plenty of time. " She nodded.

"But who is the groom?"

"Shivaay!" I could see her expression changing from happy to shock.

"Annie..

"Gauri, I know what you wanna talk. Let's just skip this topic for now and I'm damn hungry." I pulled her out with me.

...

"Serra make sure you prepone all my appointments that were fixed next week to this week." I asked my assistant to make changes since for next 3 weeks I won't be available.
So it means double work this week.

"Ughhhh!" Why do I have to be so clumsy. I bend down to pick the scattered stuffs. As I collected my books, my eyes fell on album that laid down half open. Keeping all stuffs aside, I grabbed the album and quickly recognised it. It held all my college memories.

I looked so different during my college days, I mean I had zero fashion sense and big nerdy specs. I came across another pic where I was in Shivaay's arms and we both were lost in each other's eyes. I smiled remembering that day..

Flashback...

It was my first day at college . I had joined in mid-term and had already made two friends that is Ragini and Mallika who happened to be my bench mates.

It was like a instant connection between us three and we decided to grab our lunch together.

"Mallika where are the boys?" Ragini asked.

"Arnav had messaged me that coach has asked them to wait but they will be here in next few minutes."

" Umm..boys?" I had never been a friend with a guy.

"Yes, we are total group of 5 which is now 6 including you. "

"Here they are!" Ragini pointed and I turned behind to see 3 guys walking in our direction but the one with blue-green eyes caught my attention.

"Hey babe!" One of the guy side-hugged Mallika kissing her cheek and I knew he was her boyfriend.

"Anika meet my boyfriend Arnav. And he is Vikram, she pointed towards guy sitting beside Ragini and my brother Shivaay." The other two guys said hello to which I smiled back with a nod while Shivaay just sat there with uninterested look and continued typing on his phone. Huh! Attitude I thought but still I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Oh my god! How can I forget that Miss Malini had asked me to meet her during lunch in field for volleyball trial out.

"Guys I need to go, see you soon." I stood up only to slip on banana peal. I closed my eyes in fear of my butt kissing the floor but I felt nothing.

I opened my eyes to see Shivaay had his hands wrap around my waist and he had a concern look on his face. Or was I dreaming?

"Thankyou and sorry." I said and dashed out of cafeteria without giving him chance to speak. Gosh! I was so embarrassed.

Flashback over

***

Precap:- Anika and Gauri in India.

It's gonna be so much fun in wedding functions.

Tashan wala face-off and Tadibaazi.

Target:- 4 followers.

Complete the target and I'll update next chapter.

Do read, vote and comment.