Our Final Goodbye

So you've finally reached the end of our journey. Man, when I first started telling this story, I didn't think I would have a large audience to listen to me talk.
You've seen me raise my kids, met all their friends, fought some demons, and made some connection and bonds stronger than anyone had thought possible. Throughout my journey, they made me grow as a person and I started to care for more people than I never thought possible. I forgave myself for the past transgressions and learned how my children work. My sisters reconciled, my mother came back, and I even got more babysitters! I'm glad we tried some new experiences, met some new people, and even tried some new recipes. Do I have more stories to tell after the journey is done?
Of course I do! I may have to make a separate book for that though! There's just so many-
Um...Penny? I hate to be a stickler, but we do have a story to finish.
Huh? Is it really time for this story to end? What about Optimus and Tanya? The operation that Ratchet had to do his girlfriend? Or the museum experience where Starscream tried talking to a plane? Or Bumblebee's quick crush that moved out the neighborhood? Arcee's first slumber party at Onyx's?
Meh, I think we can make another book on those faulty subplots! The fans want more cute stories to make the series more interesting. Speaking of which, I wanna thank you all for coming along on the journey! To think my story would get this popular from a simple idea. I hope they all enjoyed it as much as I did. Well except for the times where we almost died in the story. What's up with that?
I had to give the story a bit more depth. Besides you got to learn more about yourselves. Isn't that what matters?
Doesn't matter I guess. Let's wrap things up in a fashionable twist and a killer ending!
Great to hear you being so eager! Now let's get started...oh by the way, please don't be mad at me.
What are you-
__________________________________
The time had come as Penny, Optimus, and Megatron walked inside the room where the master of evil resided. Penny held her babies close to her body, hoping that no harm would come to them. She didn't know what to expect when facing the devil himself of Cybertron. Optimus has a brave face on, but even he was a bit frightened. No matter how many years of training he had endured and the many cookies he had ingested, his stomach was churning with fear. Megatron hid behind Penny's back, being a bit afraid of what was to come as well. No amount of hugs and cuddles could prepare him for this. 
The chamber was unbearably hot and humid, a purple haze surrounding the entire area. The walk to the center of the Earth was making Penny sweat. It was a good thing that Penny wore the high antiperspirant deodorant so she didn't sweat too much! 
"Okay so we need to have this Matrix of Leadership thing to plug up the giant evil monster guy right? Do we have that kind of power?" Penny asked her children, frightened at the prospect of just using her own powers to stop Unicron.
"Optimus should be able to access it since he was the one with the Prime powers. He used it before to seal him up." Megatron said, adjusting himself on her back. "Can you still use them?"
"I'm not sure. I haven't used them in years! I've been reading, studying, and helping maintain a happy household." Optimus informed him.
"Wait what Prime? How do you maintain the house? If anything, Soundwave maintains the finances a lot better!"
"Soundwave does the bills, Arcee helps with the laundry, Starscream answers any calls, Bulkhead helps tend to the garden, Smokescreen actually washes dishes with Dreadwing, and Ratchet is the medical worker. I help Penny with library trips and grocery shopping." Optimus said smugly facing Megatron. "What do you do for the house?"
"Well I...you see...I just...SHUT UP PRIME!"
Penny facepalmed and groaned loudly. "Will you two stop bickering for one second and focus on the task at hand? Or so help me when we get back home you are both grounded!"
Both of them shut their mouths and no one spoke for a long time. When they finally reached the center of the core, they felt as though they were being watched. Penny stifled a scream before she saw large red eyes boring down at them. Uneasiness washed over all of them as the mighty body, or clone of, rose from the inky depths to tower over them. 
"So you all finally arrive." He hissed out, making the whole room rumble from the bass of his voice. "A little prime, a evil warlord, and the light of Primus herself. Truly I am honored to have such power all at once."
"T-T-That's right! Y-Y-You better fear us!" Penny stuttered, her heart pounding against its cage. She cursed herself inside for being so afraid in front of her kids. She held them tighter to her chest and swallowed deeply. "Oh Unicron, we ask you to leave this planet alone and crawl back under the slimed rock you cams from."
"Was that supposed to be a threat? You are pitiful woman." Unicron roared as he charged up his Dark Energon. "You will be absorbed here along with those you love and care for. Then I will kill Primus and take this universe by storm!"
"We will not let this happen!" Megatron yelled, trying to act tough. "You've caused enough trouble as it is! And we are all going to stop you!"
"Your reign of terror stops here! We defeated your demons, survived your evil brainwashing, and bested the top general of your so called army. What more do you have to offer?" Optimus said, looking determined. 
"Funny you should say that..." He waved his massive hand, summoning a dozen or so more gigantic clones from the darkness.
Megatron gave him a look. "You had to ask."
Penny charged up her light energy in her hands. "One was tough enough, but a dozen will be tougher!" She turned to Optimus. "Can't you find a way to channel the power of the Matrix?" 
Optimus nodded. "I can, but you'll have to cover me so that I can do it." 
"Not to worry!" They turned to see the gang, Izzy, Meg in her Cybertronian form, and Tempest standing behind them. Izzy had her sword still in her hands while Meg shifted her hands to hold some sort of daggers. Tempest appeared to be wearing battle armor on as well. The rest of her kids gave her strong, determined looks as they stood by her side.
"Remember the plan mom, we fight together or we die trying!" Smokescreen cheered.
"We aren't supposed to die Smokescreen!" Ratchet reminded him, hitting him upside the helm.
"We are going to live and go back home to eat some cake!" Breakdown proclaimed, raising his hammer. 
"I won't even care to get some frosting on me!" Knockout said.
"All this talk about food is making me hungry! Can we please stop talking bout that?" Izzy moaned, gripping her stomach. "I haven't had anything since the picnic."
"You're gonna need some extra hands or servos." They all gasped to see Galthea with Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus. "What, you guys seem shocked to see me."
"How did you get here? This is highly illogical." Shockwave said, about to glitch a bit.
"The same way that we got here!" A roar was heard as Predaking burst in with Regina on his back. "Hey kiddies! You guys look like you were dragged through Hell!"
"Thanks Granny, nice to see you too." Starscream said sarcastically. "How is it that Predaking got to be his regular age?"
"Primus allowed him a temporary growing up so he could fight better! A puppy dog sized dragon ain't gonna do much against this guy!" Regina joked, jabbing her thumb towards her friend. 
"Our family, they've all come to help us in our darkest hour." Penny said in shock. To see how strong their bonds had become throughout this whole journey was astonishing. From their arrival to her neighborhood, these robots have become a daily part of her lifestyle and she wouldn't change a thing about them.
"How sentimental...but untterly foolish! You will all fall just the same!" Unicron said, his eyes glowing darkly.
"Well Unicron, you know what they say." Optimus walked forward, his small face grinning at the sight of him. "One shall rise..."
"And one shall fall." Megatron finished, smiling at his brother.
Unircon gritted his denta before charging forward along with his clones. The family and close friends charged forward as well, determined to defeat Unircron.
Oh how well they battled! Regina and Predaking fell over the battlefield, scorching clones from left and right. Tempest used her demonic powers to immobilize and break apart her enemies. Izzy stabbed and swiped a few clones herself with her cool sword. Meg shifted her weapons around, so she never used the same weapon twice. The kids worked their various weapons and skills to defeat a couple of clones. Optimus stood behind, trying to channel the Matrix, Penny standing in front of him deflecting any shots thrown towards him.
"Any luck sweetie?" She asked him, shooting more light at the approaching figures. 
Optimus shook his helm. "Nothing, I can't even feel Primus giving me some power! It's as if my power is being blocked!"
"Just keep trying! We need something to combat against this darkness!" 
Optimus closed his eyes, trying to find that spark of light that changed him from Orion to Optimus once before. He went deep in his soul to find the Matrix, deep within his mind to call it out. Suddenly, a bright light erupted from his soul as he traveled down inside it.
_________________________________
He found himself standing in a graveyard where the fallen bodies of each warrior that fell in Cybertron. He walked slowly around, seeing the world in a bleak way. However, there was one gravestone that wasn't of Cybertronian origins. It was a human gravestone, the letters faded away from time. He leaned forward and rubbed the dirt from the letters.
"You've come here to mourn as well?" A small girl stood behind him, her hands clutched on the handles of a wickered basket. Her orange hair was tied up in a bun while she wore a black dress with frill. Her bloodshot eyes still contained tears within them as she sat down next to him. "Daddy's never coming back and it's my fault."
"How is this your fault?" Optimus asked the girl, his face full of curiosity. 
"I told him I didn't love him anymore before he left for work one morning." She started sniffling as snot ran down her face. "He was supposed to take me to the museum that day. I had everything planned out and everything. But his job called him in that morning. He promised to take me another day, but I got mad and yelled at him. Later on, my mother received a phone call that his car had been ran off-road and into the woods." She looked down. "They never found the body."
Optimus patted her back. "You couldn't have known that would happen. You can't control fate."
"But what if I had never said that! What if I had asked him to stay at home with me! Why were my last words to him unlovable!?" She threw her basket against the grave. "Now I'll never be able to forgive myself because I was the one who killed him."
There were no words spoken for the next five minutes as Optimus and the girl sat side-by-side. The girlhad her face buried in her chest, her back heaving up and down every so often. Optimus watched her, feeling helpless.
"Hey..." He placed his servo on her hand. "Do not despair. Even when all hope seems lost, even when the world is against us, we need to cling on to some form of bond that ties us together."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Your father may be gone, but he lives in you, in the things you do, and the people you share your love with. He watches over you in the great beyond, smiling at all you've accomplished."
"So you really think so?" The girl looked upwards. "Daddy is watching me and he's proud?"
"I wouldn't be telling you this if he wasn't." 
The young girl smiled, standing up with Optimus. "Thank you strange creature. I've been plagued by guilt for years now. It finally feels great to let go of some of this guilt that's been holding me back." Picking up her basket, she gave it to him. "My daddy always told me the light will shine in our darkest hour. I believe it is that time."
The inside of the basket shone brightly as Optimus felt a powerful energy burst out.
___________________________________
Primus smiled to himself when he felt a surge in power. "It's time..."
___________________________________
"Woah! I can feel the All-Spark reacting to some sort of energy!" Gal said, holding her hands out to summon the box. "Hey what the heck is it doing here?"
"I got that same feeling in my chest!" Meg crossed her arms over her sparkchamber. "It's burning a whole lot!" 
Izzy looked around to see all of the Cybertronian kids glowing brightly as light shot out of their chest. Tempest closed her eyes at how bright it was, inching away from them. Unicron roared loudly at the bright light. Optimus felt his chest opening as the Matrix of Leadership flew out. Penny turned to see what was going on and was shocked to find the Matrix in her hands. The points of light hit the Matrix, unlocking it from it's chamber.
__________________________________
The light engulfed her as she started to transform. Her hair turned longer and changed to light blue along with her eyes. Her outfit was white with blue edges, she had dark blue leggings, white boots, and Autobot symbol on her chest. The power of the Primes rushed through her veins, fueling her with Cybertron's best power. Forming in her hands was the famed Star Saber that Optimus had once weild. 
"Mom..." Optimus said in shock. 
"Sis...." Meg said stunned at her sudden transformation. 
"Can we say more than one word people? This is amazing!" Izzy said, smiling widely.
"How? How is this possible? Where did all this-?" Penny looked around at her body, smiling at her new form. "Who cares what this is! I have an evil entity to seal off! But I need some help from my own family! Everyone stand back, we're gonna finish this with one blow!"
The rest of her family stepped back as the Autobots and Decepticons grabbed the sword with her. Unicron brought up a fist to crush the woman and her children. The sword grew large as each kid placed their servo on the hilt of the blade. Penny charged her emotions, her love, and al the people of Earth's energy poured out into the sword as they all leapt up. 
"UNICRON! YOUR REIGN OF TERROR ENDS HERE!" Penny yelled as she and her kids brought the sword down, sending a powerful wave of energy towards the tyrant striking him in the chest. Unicron roared as the blade's power started to break him apart. Everyone started yelling as the attack started to chain him down back into the Earth. The area around them started to explode with the buildup of power. 
"Time to go kids!" Regina yelled, grabbing Gal and Meg, who in turn grabs Izzy and Tempest. They all sat down on Predaking as his wings spread out to fly away. Penny gasped as she grabbed the kids, following them just as the entire chamber blew up.
__________________________________
"So that's it huh? This is how it ends Primus?" Sera said, facing the Cybertronian entity. "They sealed away Unicron, Penny brought back the Matrix back, and they all live happily ever after?" 
Primus chuckles at the young girl, ruffling her hair. "You see my dear, you have bore witness to what is the first in a long line of goodness for this universe. By sealing away Unicron, they have altered the timeline dramatically. It won't be long before the portal from their universe opens to make an rift."
"Hmm, I guess this can be a good thing. But it just seems a bit...odd." Sera smiled gently as she watched the others celebrate. "I can't help but think that this isn't over yet. It feels like we may have missed something."
"Do not despair my child. For if the darkness descends on the world again, there will be a new set of warriors to combat against them."
____________________________________
The days had become years as the bots and cons went about their lives with their human families. Ever since they arrived in this world, they have had many adventures and met many fascinating people. Penny had been with them through thick and thin as she watched them grow up. Not only that, but her whole family was happier than they'd ever been before. Meg helped out whenever she came over with the Vehicons and Shockwave. Izzy was constantly over, to the point where she practically lived there. Gal visited sometimes since her job requires her to be in area. Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack would be dropped off though, something always ended up broken. Regina and Predaking would come over with cooked dinners and desserts for a fun time. The bots grew up in the most stable family they could ask for. Even their friends had gotten used to the fact that they were robots in disguise. Optimus and Tanya had gotten deeper in a relationship, to the point where they went on a small date. Breakdown and Seraphina had always been close so they went on various dates. The others never had close relationships with humans unless you counted Beth's infatuation with Megatron. 
But like all good things, they must come to an end.
"So is it finally time? Today of all days?"
Penny was sitting in the living room of her home across from Primus himself. The Cybertronian God sipped his cup of tea before giving her a grim look.
"I have kept them away from their real homes for so long. I let the artifact drop them here to show them that there is more to life than war and fighting. You allowed them the opportunity for a new life. Now they must go back and resolve things on their own."
"So when they go back into the box, they will turn back to their normal ages?"
"Precisely, but the bright side is that they will remember all that has transpired here. But the portal is only opened today."
"Oh gosh..." Penny covered her mouth as tears ran down her face. "I need to call the others to bring the kids and Izzy."
___________________________________
It was raining...
Funny, it was always raining whenever it involves Penny and the bots. The water hit their faces, reminiscent of tears. Gal and Meg held the others in their arms as they walked up the pathway to the familiar house.
"Wonder why Auntie Penny wanted us to come over?" Wheeljack wondered aloud. "Are we having a party?"
"Then why did it sound like she was crying?" Ultra Magnus pointed out. "Something is amiss."
"It is highly illogical for her to be sad unless something was the matter." Shockwave predicted, the Vehicons nodding in agreement.
"Oh I hope she's okay! Nothing better have happened to her!" Meg worried, pressing the doorbell.
"She's probably fine. Whatever is wrong with Penny, we can resolve together." Gal said, patting her boy's head. "I'm just worried that something bad must've occurred."
The door opened up to reveal the teary eyed, snot dripping, sadden face of Penelope. Her eyes were bloodshot from her tears, her hair was ratty, and she was wearing her favorite red and white checkered dress. Around her was the bots and cons who each had a sad face and tears. The sister's were shocked by the unusual sight. Penny was the happiest of all of them.
"What's with the tears sis? Did you get some bad news?" Meg asked, worried now. 
"It's time...Mom is already here to help out." Penny said, sniffling hard. "Guess you guys didn't hear the news."
"What news? What's going on?" Gal demanded, now getting a bit irritated. 
"THE BOTS ARE LEAVING US!" Penny shouted, startling the two. The bots and cons in their arms gasped. "Primus...said that they have to go back."
"Are you serious? I just got Wheeljack into honors class and Ultra Magnus is the captain of the debate team. I can't have them going back!" Gal said, placing her kids down to go with the others. "I've only been a mom for a short amount of time, but if anything happened to them, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."
"Same! I've grown up so much this past year! Oh the things we used to talk about whenever Shockwave and I were alone! And the triplets, oh my cuties!" Meg said, walking in the house with a wistful look on her face. "Still...I don't want them to go."
Primus was in the living room consoling Regina who was crying in a rag. Predaking whimpered as he snuggled deeper into her legs. Izzy was bawling in the corner, hugging Knockout until his face turned blue. 
"Why must we go back? There's so much we haven't done here! So many memories... " Optimus said, clutching his favorite book. "I'll miss everyone so much."
"Primus there must be a better way! Why do we have to go back?" Megatron demanded, a bit upset.
Primus sighed and gave them a solemn look. "You are needed to go back and restore your home planet. Even so, there are a ton of Cybertronians that need your love and guidance to bring peace back to the world." He looked at the women. "You taught them how to live, survive, and love. I thank you for your help, but you can't keep them forever."
Penny gazed at her children with a soft smile on her face. All the times she spent with them caused her to grow in some ways. Now she felt confident that she could move on and make something of her life.
"A little while ago, I found a strange box filled to the brim with a ton of adorable bots. I had no idea how to take care of them, but I rose to the challenge." She turned to her babies, starting to tear up. "But now, on a day like today, I can honestly say I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for the bonds I've made with all of you. Each one of you taught me something about family, and for that, I will always be grateful. Today, I consider myself the luckiest woman on Earth. Thank you, friends. Thank you, everybody!"
They all came in for a hug, feeling a surge of joy fill them. Primus himself even shed a few tears. The box that contained the All-Spark started flowing as it opened up to reveal a blue portal. One by one the bots and cons started to get sucked inside.
"Bye mommy! Thank you for teaching us all those cool skills! And cooking!" Smokescreen said.
"I'll miss you mommy! You were the only girl that understood me!" Arcee put out.
"Don't forget to check your temperature for sickness! Tell that girl at the hospital I said goodbye!" Ratchet said.
"I don't want to go, but I have too! I will always be your cuddle bee!" Bumblebee cried.
"Nope! I will always be her favorite!" Starscream shouted back.
"Bye mom,take care of yourself!" Bulkhead said.
"Don't cut your hair or wear ugly makeup!" Knockout told her.
"Tell Sera I said bye! Oh, and I won't forget you!" Breakdown said.
"It was an honor living with you." Dreadwing saluted her.
"Why are we leaving Grandma?" Frenzy started crying. 
"There were so many pranks we never got to pull on her!" Rumble agreed.
Lazerbeak and Ravage shook their helms, but chirped and growled their goodbyes. Soundwave displayed a smiley face along with a heart.
"Mom, sorry for blowing up the toaster, and the fridge, and the television..." Wheeljack started to say.
Gal blinked before her eyes widen. "So it was you who blew the TV up!"
Ultra Magnus sighed as he descended. "Don't worry mother, I'll make sure he doesn't get into trouble."
"Crying is illogical. Why are you weeping?" Shockwave asked the triplets.
"Aren't you going to miss mom?" Gary asked, sobbing hard.
"I will..." Shockwave looked at Meg before letting a tear slide down his faceplate. 
Predaking tried flying to Regina, but he found himself unable to fight the powerful grip of the box. He whined at the old woman before shifting into his Cybertronian form, surprising everyone.
"BYE MOMMY!" He said, making Regina break down into tears. 
"Penny, please don't forget about us! We will hold you close to our sparks forever! I promise you that I will make sure all Cybertron will remember you!" Megatron pounded his chest, a look of determination in his optics.
Optimus cast one last look at Penny before uttering those familiar words.
"Till all are one."
___________________________________
There was a flash of light before Optimus groaned and clutched his helm. His optics switched on as he looked at the ravaged, desolate field of the battle they had engaged with the Decepticons all those years ago. What felt like years in Penny's house was only minutes in their world! He cried out in happiness before feeling an emptiness inside him. His spark was calling out to something or someone.
"Prime..." He turned to see Megatron smiling at him. He hadn't seen this side to his old friend in years. "Does your spark feel like it's missing someone?"
"Yes...I do believe we all have the same feeling." He looked at the rising sun on the horizon. "Perhaps it's time for our war to come to a close."
Megatron nodded, feeling the same way. "I think it's time for us to be heading home."
___________________________________
You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
-Desmond Tutu 
__________________________________
Thank you all for joining me on this journey! If you think that it's the last time we'll see Penny and the bots, think again! For the sequel will now commence in the updates! Plus, I have a book coming out with all the little sub-plots that never happened in the main story! 
The adventure continues in Daughter of the Transformers!
Until then: What was your favorite part about the story?