Chapter 48: Playing with Fire

Finale I

A sharp pain erupted through my body and I was suddenly awake. My jaw stung when I looked up to see Rhea standing in front of me, a maniacal smirk on her face as she held a knife.

"Good Morning, Theo!" She said enthusiastically which rung through the vast room.

I looked around the room and saw four other chairs in the room where four people are seated, bags on their heads. 

I knew what Rhea wanted and that was to see me struggling, to see me hurt, to see me suffering and to see me mad... and I'm not gonna give her that satisfaction.

I put on a calm facade at looked at her. "Rhea." I simply said.

Her smile faltered for a bit. Tapping the flat side of her knife against her hand, she plastered on another smile and put her hands on her knees, leaning so that our eyes are leveled.

"Are you ready to die?" She asked through a whisper. 

I smiled. "I'm always ready to die."

She scowled and delivered another slap on my cheek but it didn't hurt as much as it did the first time. "Not the right answer."

"What's the point of this? So what if we die? You're just gonna be wanted murderers, all you've worked for will perish." I said as Rhea paced in front of me, tapping her knifed against her palm all the while.

"Oh but you've never met my mother, Theo. He can cover up almost anything without any problem." She smiled at me but it quickly dropped as shouts from the outside of the room sounded. "What the..."

"Report to the princess! Report to-- UGH!" 

Rhea gritted her teeth and opened the door but before she exited, she glared at me. "Don't you dare do anything, you dog." She hissed before slamming the door shut.

I slumped against my seat, my whole body aching and my eyelids drooping. That's when I noticed one of my friends stirring awake.

"Whe... Where am I... Theo? Anyone?" Cielo's voice said through the bag that was covering his head.

"C-Cielo. Don't panic, I'm here, you just have a bag over your head." I reassured which seemed to calm him a little but I still noticed his tense shoulder. 

"What's going on, Theo?" 

"Listen. That hedge maze we entered, it was a trap. Rhea and Renza captured us." I explained which seem to make him more tense.

"Hold on, I think there's a splinter on my chair, if I can just... reach them, I might be able to cut the rope on my wrists." Cielo said as he continued writhing on his seat.

After a few tense seconds, Cielo's hand came free!

"Oh my god." I gasped as Cielo removed the bag on his head, his face was sweaty when it was removed and he breathed a sigh of relief before untying the rope on his foot.

He stood up after a few moments and rushed to me, untying the rope on my wrist and my feet. The moment I was free, I hugged him so tightly that I worry I'll crush him.

"Oh my god, I love you so much, Cielo. You're a god send." I whispered against his chest.

I heard a deep chuckle from behind and grunt.

"Well, I-- UGH... I sure hope that's not my boyfriend saying 'I love you' to another guy.... before me." Hunter stirred as he spoke and Cielo and I immediately rushed over to him and untied his ropes.