Chapter 15: The Preparation

Theo

Monday

"So, what power do I get if I win?" I asked Reign. 

I was above myself at this moment. I was seating at Hunter's table. At Hunter's table. At the time, it was just Masha, Reign, Luke and Hunter there.

"You'll be the voice of the students. You are basically a part of what they call council. You are respected, you organize the events here. You will lead every committee in organizing the events, whether that'd be prom, homecoming, the fundraiser. You'd have so much power and responsibility." I raised an eyebrow but nodded nonetheless. "And you'll be a celebrity." She said which made me smiled.

One thing has got me thinking. "How do you know these stuff?" I asked her, eyeing her warily.

She went silent for a few seconds before lifting her head. "It doesn't matter. You only agreed because I mocked you. Now, what do you say?"

"What? You're asking me this now? When I'm already in the committee? Of course?"

Her gaze soften at me as she smiled slightly before nodding. "Great. Now we can train you."

My eyes widened. Almost choking on the coke I just sipped. "Train? For what? I'm perfectly capable. Thank you!"

She rolled her eyes. "Can you plead without batting your eyelashes? Speak in front of the whole school? The council? How to handle yourself in public? How to be composed in times of need? Be a role model?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Oh. I guess. So... when do we start?" I asked her.

"How about tomorrow?" She asked and I nodded. I shoved a whole fry in my mouth. "Oh, and also, you can't campaign without an advocacy. But I do have an idea of what you'll pick already." She informed me.

"Oh, definitely the enhancement of stability of our school's environment." Seems like I already made the point of running for president.

"I don't understand. You're not like... nervous about running? I'd be a mess if I was you." Luke said, shaking his head slightly.

"I mean, I do doubt myself sometimes but I have to trust myself. Then, I'd be unbeatable." 

After a few conversations about different topics. Hunter suddenly spoke for the first time since I sat on their table.

"So. You guys up for a party on Thursday? You know what's gonna happen already." Hunter said. 

I played around in my phone. Assuming he was talking to his friends. They all agreed and went silent. 

I looked up to see them all staring at me. "...What?" I asked, my eyes slightly wide.

"Are you up?" Masha asked me.

I looked at all of their faces before speaking. "I'm invited?" I asked, incredulous I'm even on their table, let alone they're actually inviting me to their birthdays like we're best friends. I mean, in a sense. We are. I think?

Masha looked at me all funnily. "Duh, of course!"

I looked at Hunter, I looked at him like asking him. He nodded with a smile. "I mean, what the hell, why not?"

...

Tuesday

Reign taught me everything she knows. It was a little awkward because of the fact she knows I like her boyfriend. And we don't know each other that much.