Chapter 13: Snapped

Chapter 13: Snapped

Theo

"Theo, Is that you?"

I turned around to see Hunter. His eyes slightly wide, scanning my face, his face paler. His expression was shocked, almost like it held... recognition?

My brows shot up before plastering on a smile. "Hi! What's up?" I greeted.

He swallowed, his shocked expression slightly disappearing. I raised a brow, staring at him expectantly. 

Why'd he look like he saw a ghost?

"Nothing... Just wanted to say hi." He said, displaying a smile, a smile I know he faked

He left without a word as I stared at his walking figure in confusion.

I looked at my friends. "What was that?" I asked them, Athena shrugged while Cielo shook his head. We continued walking until we reached the gates.

"I... don't exactly have a car." Diana's sweet voice said while scratching her arms.

Cielo wiped his hands on his pants, throwing us an inconspicuous glance over his shoulder as Athena and I shared a knowing look.

"I'll take you." Cielo offered which made Diana smile widely, her eyes disappearing, her dimples appearing.

"Wait, how--" I interrupted Athena, signaling her to walk away, she nodded. We left Cielo alone for privacy. Masha was more than happy to offer us a drive, with her brother Luke.

...

Monday

"So. What happened?" Mika and Wei asked in unison.

Athena rolled her eyes. "It's a camp, what do you think occurs in a camp?" She said. Stabbing her fork through her dino nuggets.

"Jeez, who hurt you?" Wei asked with a slight laugh.

"I don't know. That asshole that cheated on me a year ago."

The table went quiet. Our gazes settled on Athena.

"Well. Another asshole decided to play with my face." I informed.

Mika looked confusingly at me, her brows furrowed. "Explain?"

"Rod. He decided to make my nose bleed and bruise my stomach over a friendly competition of 'capture the flag'." I explained further, their eyes widening in surprise.

"Really? I thought he would've learned by now?" Wei said. I shook my head and shoved rice into my mouth. "Well, any progress with Hunter?" She asked very bluntly. 

If I didn't have enough control over my pipes. I would've choked to death.

I swallowed and chugged on the can of coke. A hand from whoever rubbed my back soothingly. 

"No! No progress."

Mika raised a brow, leaning on the table. "Really?" She pushed.

"Really."

She sighed and leaned on her chair. "Okay fine."

"Why is mister quiet here?" Mika pointed at Cielo, smiling down his phone.

I cleared my throat very loudly which made Cielo look up. He stared at us expectantly. 

I looked at him funnily. "What the hell is lunch for?"

He frowned at all of us. "Can you guys give me this one? I really like this girl..." He said and I nodded, understanding his reason and going back to eating while the others eyed him warily, before following suit.