"I'm gonna kill you!" he shouted.

        "Wow, that sounds like a vague threat," Brady remarked.

        He was close enough to wrap his hands around his throat when Harry intervened. "Hey, hey, calm down!" He had to push Mike back by the shoulders for him to stop trying to mangle Brady. Harry tossed a side-glare over at Brady who stood behind him, still looking totally confident. "Are you insane?"

        "Borderline," said Brady. "But I also knew you'd come to my rescue."

        Harry shook his head just as the principal walked in, heels clicking with an angry look on her face. She sighed, rubbing her forehead before turning to Brady. "You, in my office. Mike, go clean up and you meet me in there as well."

        Brady held his hands up as he backed out the door, following the principal towards the front building where her office was. Mike grunted, wiping the paint from his eyes before he stormed after them.

        I let out a low whistle just as chatter blossomed in the cafeteria once more. Harry walked over to me, glancing down at my shirt before an amused smile took over his face.

        "What?" I asked, then followed his gaze. I sighed. "Right, the mashed potatoes."

        "Might want to clean that up before you walk home and have dogs trying to molest you for your mashed potatoes."

        I gave him a look. "Could you have been any weirder about that?"

        He laughed. "I can try again."

        I shoved him in the shoulder, laughing before going in the bathroom to clean up my part in Brady's mess. And sadly, I knew it was far from over - it had only just begun.

***

        "Did you hear what your knight in shining armor did today?" I asked Ivette as she sat on the couch across from me and Harry in the library. She smirked at us and I knew it was because my legs were draped over his, but she was seriously overreacting.

        "About the paint spill and oatmeal? Yep, I did."

        "And how do you feel about it?"

        "Humored," she said, then sighed. "And maybe a little guilty. But why should I feel remorse? He's the lowest douche ever."

        Harry rubbed his forehead. "The sly twit knew I would be there to stop a fight, too. How does one that fails all his classes act so brilliantly?"

        Ivette laughed and I smiled, glancing back down at my book. All three of us had this study period together since semester exams were coming up next month. Mr. Pell allowed us to the library to study together.

        "Thanksgiving is next week," said Ivette. "And then Christmas break is right around the corner."

        "Yeah also the hell of my mother's wedding." I snorted, shaking my head. I hated even thinking about it, but it wasn't as dreadful as it used to be.

        Harry patted my knee. "Which is why I'll come to help you maintain sanity."

        I smiled and Ivette awed before saying, "Wait, they're already going to have it? Only three months ago they told you about it."

        Nodding, I shrugged. "Apparently it's been planned for quite some time. Secrets happen to be my mother's favorite thing."

        Harry's phone buzzed in his pocket and he glanced around before pulling it out. I watched as a frown settled over his face, then a sigh, and then he shoved his phone away once more. I made a mental note to ask him about it later.