"To make it believable." Jessica reminds us.

"Sure." Evelyn smirks, and I give her a death stare.

I finally decide to knock, my heart pounding against my chest.

I bring my fist up to the door, and I knock. Nothing.

I knock in a rhythmic way a second time. We all stand there in silence, waiting for the door to fly open, but nothing happens.

"I guess we'll have to go." I finally say, feeling a little relieved that I didn't have to confront her.

Just before we decide to go, the door opens slightly.

"What do you want?" The deep voice catches me by surprise, and I feel a little upset when I identify the person.

"Anthony, I need to talk to Alyssa." I try to say nicely.

He opens the door wider, and accepts my request. I'm surprised when he let's me in.

"Come in. I'm about to leave anyways." He takes his shirt and puts it on.

"Where's she at?" I ask as I watch him tie his shoes.

"Her room." He gets up and exits the apartment.

"That was weird." Evelyn says.

"It's her ex. The one she cheated on me with." I tell them.

Just as I finish that sentence, Alyssa appears.

"What are you doing here?!" She's taken aback when she sees the three of us in her living room.

"I came to talk to you." I speak up.

"No. Leave." She walks to the door, opening it. "Leave!"

Evelyn looks at me and I motion her to go. She steps out of the apartment.

I pretend to walk out, but just as I near the door, I quickly shut it close.

"Alyssa, listen to what I have to say or I will report you." I say in a menacing tone.

The last part scares her, and she steps away from me. "Make it fast."

"We're on my conditions here, not yours." I sternly say.

"Fine."

"I know it was you who attacked me." I start.

"You don't have proof." She quickly retorts.

"She has witnesses. I was there." Jessica lies, and gives me a quick look before looking back at Alyssa.

"I'm here to ask you to stop. You're doing this in vain. Katie and I are nothing more than just friends and teacher-student." I try to convince Alyssa by taking Jessica's hand in mine.

"Alyssa, stop making their lives hell. (Y/N) only wants to live in peace, and you're making it hard for her. I want to stop worrying that every day is a constant danger for my girlfriend..." Jessica joins in, stepping closer to me.

"Why are you even doing this?" I ask.

She stays silent before answering my question. "I need to pay my debts. Your brother promised me he would help if I helped." She says it with honesty; I'm surprised to see the sincerity in her visage.

"You don't have to torment someone's life in order to get what you want." I blurt out. "You have to work for it instead." I add, trying to convince her further that what she was doing is wrong.

"You're right. I'm sorry." She looks down as she apologizes.

I'm too baffled to even move. I don't know if to believe that she just apologized or to dismiss it as an act of hers.

"Does this mean you'll leave us alone?" Jessica asks.

"I will." Her eyes are still fixed on the ground, and I start to feel sorry for her.

"Thank you, Alyssa. We'll go now." I dismiss ourselves, pulling Jessica along with me.

Evelyn, who was waiting outside the apartment, gives me a confused expression. "What happened?"

"She admitted she's been working with Dominic. And she also said she would stop bothering me..." I tell her, shrugging because I feel skeptical about Alyssa's behavior.

"I don't believe her." I blurt out.

"She apologized, (Y/N)." Jessica reminds me.

"I know. But I'm not falling for her act. It's just an act." I repeat it to myself.

I've seen the horrible things Alyssa has done before. I'm not fully convinced that Alyssa is actually being sincere. But what if she is and I'm just wrong?