You Gotta Go There to Come Back

Start from the beginning

"Oh don't, no, it's the University, they're on a break. It will pick up soon" Rose says as she wipes down the counters.

"You know, Karen always thought we should do live entertainment to bring people in, like um... like an open mic night," Haley suggests.

"Hmm, well that's a great idea," Deb says.

"I think so too," Rose says.

"Yeah, absolutely, but let me run it by Lucas first, you know, make sure he's okay with the idea," Deb says, carefully.

Yeah, or I could talk to him. I mean he hasn't popped in much lately."Haley says, looking over at Deb.

"Yeah, yeah I've noticed. That's one of the reasons I want to talk to him myself." Deb says.

"Okay. Well if you have this ghost town under control, then I have a study session with Nathan."Rose says, putting on her jacket.

"Rose, I'm glad you're seeing Nathan. He's lucky to have someone like you."

"Believe me, Mrs. Scott, I am the lucky one but thank you bye," Rose said smiling.

******

Rose was at Karen cafe talking to Nathan as she helped Haley with the flyer for the open mic.

"Oh just marveling at Haley and I lack artistic ability. How's the amazing race?"

"Well, it's about as well as can be expected," Nathan said over the phone.

"Well, I wish you were here. We're doing this open mic thing at the café tomorrow."

"So I'm gone for 2 hours and you go all Hollywood on me."

"Yeah, that's me, Glamour girl. Hey, you want to say hi to your mom?"

"No, uh, it's bad timing. Look, let me give you a call back alright? Bye."

"Bye," Rose says hanging up the phone as Deb walks over to her.

"How's he doing? "

"Well, there was no gunplay or screaming so I'm assuming pretty well. He said to say "hi"."

"Haley, Rose these um, these flyers..."

"Suck! Yeah, uh-huh! I know! I know! We are trying everything!" Haley says she looks out the window and see Peyton "Hang on!" Haley says grabbing Rose's arms out of the café past Keith who's walking in, "Hi Keith, bye Keith!"

*******

"Hey!"Haley says stopping Peyton.

"Hey."

"We need your help. Don't worry it doesn't involve orphans or Nathan or any major commitment of any kind."Haley said.

"What does it involve?"

"Your artistic ability," Rose says holding up her and Haley's drawings; Peyton laughs and takes them.

"Cute."

"I know they're horrible. Can you fix it?"

"Yeah! I can burn them!"

"Can you come up with a design that doesn't suck?"Haley asks

"When do you need them by?"

"Tomorrow afternoon," Rose says.

"Ok ."

"Oh, thank you! You're the best. Haley and I take back everything we said about you before we met."Rose says walking away.

****