Seconds later the door creaked open to reveal-a small gasp escaped my lips. This was Raphael's mother?! I mean, I did expect her to be gorgeous, but-the woman smiled amusedly at me.

             "Yes, I'm Raphael's mom....and you must be...let me guess. The new flavor of  the week?"  OuchI gave the raven-haired, emerald-eyed woman my best impression of an overly-ripened tomato. Which was saying a lot, considering my natural skin colour was sort of bronze-like. I winced as Raphael let out an exaggerated groan.

       "Mom, it's raining- can we come in please?" He begged. His mother smirked.

       "Hmm. Let me think about that for a minute-"

    "Mom !" He protested, just as she let out a sigh, before widening the door for us. I followed timidly behind Raphael, already intimidated by her gorgeous appearance; and she wasn't even dressed up or anything-she was wearing a freaking bathrobe. But my God, was she beautiful. Just as I'd passed through the doorway, her hand paused suddenly on my shoulder:

       "Don't mind that comment just now baby doll;  I was just giving you a hard time." She confided in me, clear eyes glistening. I returned her smile hesitantly.

*******

           I breathed a sigh of relief at finally having escaped the cold, before taking off Raphael's hoodie and hanging it on the coat rack. Raphael's mom led us to the living room, which was thankfully very warm and cosy looking. A shaggy brown rug carpeted the floor, while a comfy red couch sat lazily in the middle of the room. A plasma television stood on a stand opposite to it, and the room was lit by a dim light which was emanating from the kitchen-which I was able to get a peek of its white counter and tiles. The room was relatively small, but then so was the entire apartment. Of course, I had to remind myself that Raphael's family didn't live here all of the time-they were only here because of the spring solstice. The walls were a deep maroon texture.

       Before Raphael's mom could invite us to sit, there was suddenly an excited squeal that startled me almost out of my skin. I watched tranxfixed, as the squeal gradually got louder and more high-pitched before being followed by a bundle of black, wavy hair and a dragging cotton sheet. I stood frozen as it collided into Raphael's knees-before revealing itself as an adorable little girl. I almost gasped again in admiration.

       "Raphy! Raphy, Raphy, Raphy!!" She was squealing as she bounced up and down, giggling. Raphael let out a deeply delighted laugh, before picking her up and swirling her around the room. She giggled even louder before coming to nestle into Raphael's arms. I watched tranxfixed-it was so cute to watch.

        "Who's that?" She asked suddenly, looking directly into my eyes. I gave her a welcoming smile as Raphael turned to face me.

     "This is Peyton, and she's my-" started Raphael, before the little girl began to giggle.

"She's your girlfriend, isn't she?" She guessed, in between giggles. My face flushed bright red, but Raphael's managed not stay surprisingly neutral. He pinched her ears before smirking.

    "No Lena,this is Peyton Clarke, my friend." He replied, but I had a funny feeling she didn't believe him. Raphael looked at me again.

         "Pey, this is my little sister Lena-as you probably gathered by now, " He introduced, and I gave her another smile.

           "Hi Lena, you are probably the prettiest little girl I've ever come across, " I told her honestly, and I got the satisfaction of seeing her cute blush come out.