The War

A/N : Hey guys! Thanks for voting and stuff! Sorry I couldn"t update sooner, as you know I write from my phone and sometimes updating is difficult. Still, here is chapter seventeen.

COTE (vote/ comment)

VAN (vote and fan)

VOLLOW (follow/vote)

Thank-you!

Chapter fifteen

The War

Raphael'a P.O.V (you're welcome)

       We got into defense positions. Snarling, I grabbed a thick branch off a nearby tree and shaped it into a club. My vision blurred red. Where is she? Where were they? They had to be  here, this was where their scents stopped. Carlos and Faye were panting loudly beside me. Faye was crouched over ready to attack while Carlos bared his claws. I scanned the trees again, eyes landing on the rushing waterfall. The mountains above. Everything was still.

"What the h-"  started Carlos in confusion< when suddenly they appeared. I first spottd their red eyes glowing in the trees-before they stepped gracefully and eerily out. Vampires. Dozens of them.. They appeared from all around us. Faye, Carlos and I came back-to-back, turning as we saw them. Fear gnawed at the back of my throat. It was a trap.

Three of the vampires stood out. These ones looked bigger and stronger than the others. One of them was a woman with long red hair. She had green eyes and long limbs, but when she smirked i could feel the evil beneath her beauty. The other two were males. One was slender, but tall, dressed in ridiculous sixteenth century clothes that somehow fit. The other one looked buff and muscular. He had a long ponytail and wide brown eyes. It was all I could manage to do just then. Take in their appearances.

Of course we had heard about vampires-trained to fight them also, but this would be the second time I had ever come into contact with them. The first one was Zauraus a famous city-hunter. I had killed him when he attacked Peyton. Why? Because he had come to Deregu. Vampires were banned from these forests over a thousand years ago. How could they have made it back? Unless they never left.

'Raph, I hope you've got a plan..'  Faye mindlinked to me. i scanned the dozens of vampires creeping out of the forests.I knew we were in danger yet only one thought flourished in my mind. Peyton. I had to get to Peyton.

'Raph, we're gonna have to get them off our backs first.'  Carlos replied grimly, and I knew he was right. Heart beating wildly, I made up my mind. The second I saw a chance of escape, I was going to find Peyton. Carlos neither Faye replied to this. Growling, I turned to face the slender,  blonde-haired vampire.

"Where is she?" I seethed. He stepped forward out of the trees smirking slyly.

"Are you talking about your camper? I'm afraid I had her for lunch." He hissed, causing a deeper growl to escape my lips. I was ready to attack him then, had Faye not held me back.

'Wait. We need the information, first. He's lying, Raphael. They need her to bargain with, remember?' Faye mindlinked to me. I tried to calm down, tried to tink more clearly. He was lying, of course he was lying, I trid to assure myself, but somewhere in the back of my mind was the feeling of doubt. These vampires didn't look like they wanted to bargain-they wanted to fight.

In my peripheral vision I  saw the red-haired vampire approach me.  Strength radiated off her silent walk. The primal glare in her eyes frightened me. 

"You killed Zayraus. He  was my  concubine. " She spat in a russian accent. I flinched. Concubine? As in mate? Was what that what they thought Peyton was to me? Was that why they kidnapped her?