"Or else? One bite and I believe you must have death wish," she said deciding to stand her ground with reasoning.

"And at least we would have done him and everyone else a favour. It's better having no Queen than having a human one."

She only had one choice left then and she hoped it would not be suicidal to act on it.

She grabbed a tray from beside her and threw it. She had lucky shot it seemed as it hit one of them and made her stumble back.

Maddy ran outside and shut the doors behind her using the distraction to buy her enough time to get out of there.

She then climbed over the bars and grabbed the stone bricks. She felt very lucky that there were small ridges that made it easier to climb.

She almost smirked as she looked down. Yes it was very far down but there was also what seemed to be a big puddle of mud. She doubted they would follow her down if it meant getting their nails and dresses dirty. At the same time it also meant she would get full of mud which they would have to wash off after someone found her and brought her back.

Although, did she really want to get the mud washed off? Dirt and mud was not liked by the stuck up nobles and she would do whatever to just irk them a bit whilst she had some sort of immunity. If it helped she could always try the role of the clumsy little human if she got into trouble. It fooled everyone.... usually.

"Get back here you little—!"

"Don't curse. I don't think the King will like hearing that you were cursing around his little human mate," Maddy called up.

She could hear the growling of irritation from the one who had just shouted and it gave her immense joy.

She wondered if maybe it would be best to ask Xavier if she could just dress herself, it was not like she was a baby after all.

While she was at it she wondered how he would react to her abandoning corsets and hacking off the skirt of her dress until it was above her knees. The "ordinary" or everyday and casual dresses were somewhat more decent. They did not poof out and were a little shorter but still not entirely what she wanted.

Soon enough she was near to the ground. She grinned as she saw that there was indeed a mud puddle and she jumped into it.

She laughed as the mud splattered all over her dress and skin. She looked up with the most innocent look she could muster and saw they were gone.

She began walking to go and explore when she bumped into something extremely hard and solid. She looked up to see a werewolf guard who seemed pretty confused by the human covered in mud. What probably confused him more was that her clothes resembled something a noblewoman would wear.

He was struggling to remember if he had seen her before and if she was of some importance or who her owner was when he heard a low growl.

"Eyes down," an order was spoken and he was forced to obey.

A lycan walked past him and up to the girl.

"Maddy what are you doing outside of your room, more importantly outside and in your nightdress! You are exposed for all men around here to see," Xavier began to rant seeming  rather annoyed and possibly angry.

Maddy just looked down at herself and shrugged. If she had fallen into a lake and had had her dress going transparent and sticking to her she would have seen a problem. The mud however covered her if it caused any sort of see-throughness.

"But it is such a lovely day," she said.

"The ground is snowed and muddy and the sky is gray—"

"Exactly."

"You are going to go get cleaned up and dressed appropriately and then we will discuss your ball."

"My ball? But I don't want a ball."

"It is necessary to introduce you to the court."

"Did that not happen at dinner—"

"That was just the men and the high up ones. It's not like you stayed long either."

"Well we can discuss that now can't we just like we can discuss that you gave me vampire maids. You know vampires make me uncomfortable after that attack and those ones in specific did not do anything to make me feel very well respected or liked. I want new maids."

"Those are the ones you were assigned Maddy—"

"Those ones threatened to drink all my blood and kill me if I did not 'lie down and roll over'. If I am to be a queen I could at the very least be treated by one. I remember you telling me I was not to be a slave here well apparently that's what I am supposed to be to you. If you won't at least make me feel somewhat welcome I will just go back to where I do feel happy and like I belong," she said turning around and walking away.

"Maddy you will not go back to the streets."

"Our deal was that I would stay and be your queen. It was not that I would stay and be your glorified pet. If you go and lock me up now that just makes it all true."

"Maybe they were just playing with you. The headmaid knows what she is do—"

"So you want to stand up for them. I am sorry but I don't stand for being belittled. I am my own woman and I only want to be around people who respect that and most of all respect me and if you can't do either of those then bye bye."

"And what must I do? You don't want human maids and Lily is most certainly not a maid and now you don't want vampire maids either."

"Not when they threaten to drink me dry! I am not a baby I can dress myself just fine or do you think I am that helpless. I climbed down that wall but you think I can't dress myself," Maddy said crossing her arms.

"Fine! In the meantime you can dress yourself till you get your human friendly maids. Just go get that mud off of you," he sighed.

Maddy smiled, victorious.

A/N

So I want to publish for the time being at least once a week on this book if I have chapters ready. I plan on either publishing on Tuesdays or Fridays, it will not necessarily be both in the same week, it will just depend on whether there is a chapter available.

However if this chapter passes 25 votes I will publish the next chapter a little earlier maybe.