"He is a lovely young man." Jay said as both of the men stood up from their seats and approached her. 

"Weren't you at work, dad?" 

"And I'll be back in an hour. I just wanted to meet him in person." Jay was telling her

"And you'd be happy to know I know this man. " 

Estella, taken aback, looked at Edward who was quiet the whole time, although he seemed cheerful.  "Really?" 

"It was a few years back, I remember now." Jay said. "It was a contract I was signing. I don't remember much." 

She looked at Edward for an answer. "I told you I freelance. My friend Carlos was actually an agent, I was working with him. That's how we met. Anyway, I'll explain more on the way. Let's not miss our reservation." 

Before Estella could ask to anything more, Jay was already walking them toward the door. "Be back soon. And call me when you're done." 

Edward's car was parked in front of her house, and when both of them left, she breathed in silence. He watched her as she glanced around as if being inside the car was going to tell her about him and everything. 

"What happened?" He asked. "You look—"

"How did you know where I live?" She cut in. 

"Oh come on," he said, scrutinizing her. "You think I'll just randomly pick anyone and risk my money. Of course I looked up. And I recognised your father." 

"Why did you pick me then?" She asked. 

He turned the steering wheel to the left, gliding his hands on it swiftly. "You seem to be fit for the job. You said it was your dream. I think you'll be honest in our work. I'm sure of it." 

"But I seem to have so many doubts about you." 

"I'm not a scammer. Trust me." He pulled over, parking it neatly between two cars. They both climbed out and she scanned his car. She wasn't aware about the model but It was expensive. 

"What about your work?" She asked, following him inside the restaurant. The place was spacious, well furnished with tables placed on the opposite sides of the walls. It smelled like cinnamon and roses, and the faint murmuring of people reached ears. Most of the tables were empty. 

"You made a reservation here?" she commented, taking her seat. "Seems like they don't have that many customers." 

"I lied." He sat across the table, facing her. "As much as I appreciate the hospitality your parents showed, I was uncomfortable." 

She chuckled. "And I thought you were enjoying their company." 

"I'm not very social." He slided the menu towards her. 

"Then why come to pick me up?" 

"I thought if I met your parents, you might feel I'm that serious and honest about our deal. Also, I met your dad a lot before we met." 

"Must be destiny, right?" She laughed, joking. He smiled in response. "Anyway, what have you been doing up until now? Surely that car didn't come on its own?" 

"You're right." He said. " I used to work in an office." 

"Where?" 

"Not that important. I was doing the work and the credit was given to my boss." He cringed slightly, grabbing the menu when Estella made no move to read or order. 

"How did you get into freelancing?" She questioned. "I tried to find out about you as much as I can. Nothing much came up."

"Your dad asked me about that, too." He told her and a waitress came, taking in order. Once she was gone, he continued. "I have a friend, Carlos. So it's like a partnership."

"So how are you planning to invest?" 

"My mother left me insurance." He stated blankly, throwing her off with information like that. He kept talking. "But I want it big and I have someone who'll give us money." 

"You seem to have it all planned out." 

Their gaze sealed and she could see the confidence that it had. "Of course, I planned. I've been planning it for a long time." 

"And what else did you plan?" 

"You'll see!" 

-------------------------

Shout outs to my supporters. 

dragonlover1227

klarolinefeels

Muggleborn15

Ninaninuskaa

BDaddy46

Kllaarraaa

sstellinkka

SimmiSharma5

klaroline-99

klar0line

LittleMiffy

ZuwenaZarah

Vote and comment!!

Next chapter coming on Thrusday.