Chapter 7

Just like always, the fight wasn't long but it was intense. Freed didn't even realize that he was mostly acting like always, just staying away from the others and reading something. Around fifteen minutes later everything calmed again and everyone laughed and started eating and drinking again.

So Freed got up and took beers he had ordered and returned to their table. Bickslow was smiling all the time and it seemed like it annoyed Laxus oh so goddamn much. The green haired man didn't really know why that was, but guess there was something going on what he didn't know. He felt like it was maybe better not to know always what Bickslow had in mind...

Laxus was acting strange for some reason. Freed couldn't say he knew how Laxus would normally act, but for some reason the way how he was acting right now just wasn't quite right. He felt more annoyed than normally and it seemed like Bickslow had something to do with it, as the seith mage was grinning so much. It was something they obviously weren't going to explain for Freed, so he kept his mouth shut. It was probably something that had nothing to do with him, so it wasn't necessary for him to know anything about.

They sat there and talked all kinds of other stuff and Freed was enjoying his time. He still couldn't remember anyone from here, but he was getting to know them. He learned all kinds of stuff about Fairy Tail and how everyone got there. It seemed like most of the members in Fairy Tail had just drifted here. He learned about Sabertooth, Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale and many other mage guilds too.

He heard what all they had done too. They had even fought against dragons! It sounded so weirdly exciting Freed was feeling really bad that he couldn't remember it. Without a doubt it had been terrifying when it happened, but it still must have been exciting too. What all had he seen when being in Fairy Tail?

Freed wasn't even sure how it happened, but for some reason they ended up outside with Bickslow and Laxus and suddenly he was holding his sword, facing a dummy that was meant for practicing.

"I don't think this is really wise", Laxus muttered when looking at the rune mage.

"This will be fun", Bickslow snickered.

"He might hurt himself."

"No he won't and if he does, Wendy can fix him."

"Doctor said he shouldn't practice yet."

"She was talking about using magic."

"Please stop talking you two", Freed frowned looking at his friends. "It's impossible to concentrate like this."

"Sorry, go on", Laxus said.

"Don't hurt yourself, baby", Bickslow said and Freed rolled his eyes.

He wasn't sure what he should actually do. Guess he should just try it? Do at least something, maybe his body might remember? So he stepped ahead, raising his sword and let his body do what it wanted to do.

Laxus looked at Freed as the rune mage attacked the dummy. No way was he moving like he used to, but it seemed like his body could remember something and he just went with the flow. Slowly but steadily he was starting to get a hold of his movement and how the sword swung.

It made Laxus smile as he looked at the captain. One would think long hair would only be a nuisance when using a sword, but Freed always made it look so easy. His long green hair didn't bother him at all as he attacked again and again, getting to know his sword all over again.

The mighty Thunder God noticed something at the corner of his eye and he knew he shouldn't look, yet that was what he did. He saw Bickslow grinning at him annoyingly.

"What?" Laxus grunted irritatedly and the seith mage just snickered.

"If you keep looking at his ass like that, everyone's gonna notice it", Bickslow teased and Laxus growled, his hair letting out small sparks of electricity. "I'm only telling the truth, baby. You don't want others to notice? Stop drooling when looking at him."