Autoreninterviews-3.

Hey, ihr lieben Leser und Leserinnen!
Willkommen bei Teil 3 der Interviews.

Heute haben wir etwas Besonderes für euch: Ein internationales Interview mit der lieben und unglaublich sympathischen Brittany C. Cherry! Einige von euch wissen bestimmt, wer sie ist, denn sie hat unter anderem die Bücher:
°Wie die Luft zum Atmen
°Wenn Donner und Blitz sich berühren
und
°Deine Worte in meiner Seele
geschrieben.

Ich hoffe, ihr habt Verständnis, dass dieses Interview auf Englisch ist und es auch keine Übersetzung gibt.

Und jetzt: Viel Spaß!

------------------

How long have you been writing?

I've been writing since I was fourteen years old! That was when I wrote my first novel. I went to college for a degree in Creative Writing, and then I began publishing my novels back in 2013. So, I've been a published author for six years now.

How did you discover your passion for books and their words?

I was a very shy kid, so the written word was how I expressed myself. Plus, reading other stories had the ability to take me out of my own world for a while. I remember reading the novel, Speak, when I was a child, and I still remember the feeling that it gave me.

Did you plan to continue writing in the future?

Well, I thought I would be doing something with writing, as I wrote a lot of plays and screenplays while I was younger, but I hadn't a clue someday I'd be publishing novels!

Is it your career aspiration to become an author?

This is where I'm happiest! Being an author is a dream come true.
And if your career aspiration has already come true: how did you achieve your goal?

I pushed through the hard days. I worked long days and longer nights until my dreams were recognized by individuals who connected with my words. I'm still working toward this career, though. Day in and day out.

How did you come up with the idea for your book?

For each of my books, I like to take every day people and tell a love story around those characters. What inspires them? What pushes them? What drives them? What breaks their hearts? That's where I always begin and then the characters start talking to me and telling me their story.

Do you have tips for young authors?

Yes! Don't try to be something you aren't. You don't have to be the next Jane Austen, you just have to be the best version of yourself. Find your voice, then excel at it. Strengthen it. Give it heart. Keep working, keep going, keep dreaming.

How do you handle writer's block?

I take breaks. I allow my brain to shut off from the story and I do other creative things: dancing, cooking, traveling. It seems whenever I find another way to be creative, the words began to return to my mind and then I pour them out on the page.

Do you have some music that motivates you to write?

Sam Smith always gets me into the writing mood! His voice and his songs move me so much.

When do you write best and most of all?

Early mornings before I do anything else at all. That's when I'm the most productive. That's when the words flow best.

Are you worried about writing?

Not anymore. I let the words drive me home.

What helps you in writing?

Not taking it too seriously. I used to take it too seriously, to the point where I'd discover panic attacks if I felt as if the words weren't perfect. Now I allow for imperfections. I allow myself to be flawed. And in the end, that freedom frees my soul.

SternDerNacht2000