'Wait, what.' He shook his head mentally.

Despite all the praises he received from their other teammates, he felt flustered inside after Bokuto's words and he doesn't know why. But he remained calm and nodded politely to Bokuto. He might have just felt overwhelmed since he was able to set for good players like them, especially Bokuto. 

The practice continued until the coach dismissed them. Some of his teammates introduced themselves to him afterward and he realized he was the only first year in the team. He didn't mind and he didn't feel inferior because of his teammates' warm welcome to him. 

But his mind couldn't forget Konoha's words earlier and it ticked him, to say the least. He wanted to ask Konoha but he went home earlier than others. He wanted to know how hellish that thing could be. He could ask Bokuto but he could say that hellish thing is connected with their ace and he didn't want to trigger him. 

"AGHAASHE!! Where do you go home?" He was baffled as he heard the owl boy in the locker room but gave him a curt nod as a greeting. "I take the bus heading to the east, Bokuto-san." He said as he zipped up his jacket and slung his bag. 

"Really? That's where I ride too! Finally, a bus buddy!" Bokuto cheered. He frowned in confusion and Bokuto noticed that. "Our teammates usually ride the train, ride the bus to the west, or walk to the north. I was the only one who rides the bus to the east until you arrived!" He nodded and kind of felt bad that Bokuto has to go home alone since then. Not like he has some friends to walk home with before. 

"Do you want to go home together or you have other plans to attend to? I mean as much as I want to go home with a teammate of mine, I don't want to interfere with your plans." Bokuto said and he wasn't expecting Bokuto to be this considerate. He thought Bokuto was the kind of guy who gets what he wants no matter what. 

"I don't have any other plans, Bokuto-san. We can go home together starting today if you want unless you have prior plans as well." He said and Bokuto cheered once again. 

"Yay! As a mini welcome celebration, I'll treat you to the nearest convenience store at the terminal! I won't take no for an answer!" Bokuto said and before he could say any words, Bokuto started skipping outside the gym. He sighed but smiled as he started walking outside as well. 

--- 

"'Kaashi, tell me more about yourself," Bokuto said after biting on his dorayaki he bought at the convenience store earlier. They are currently waiting on the terminal since they were unable to catch the bus earlier. 

He took the last bite on his onigiri Bokuto bought for him earlier. "There's nothing much about me, really." He muttered. "I just used to be a setter in my previous school, Mori Middle School. Fukurodani and Suzumeoka gave me a recommendation letter and here I am now." 

"Ehhh? Sorry, I haven't heard the school's name before. But it means you're really good if the school gave you a recommendation letter!" Bokuto said. "Good thing Nekoma didn't give you a recommendation letter or else you won't be studying here! Speaking about that, I should introduce you to Kuroo!" 

Bokuto continued talking about the Kuroo guy who is his friend and is studying in Nekoma. He suddenly remembered an acquaintance of his from his summer classes that has plans on studying in Nekoma. 

"Are you sure you are friends with this so-called Kuroo?" He managed to ask that made Bokuto laugh. Bokuto had just told his story about their summer camp training last year where Kuroo pushed him by the pond as a prank.

Bokuto laughed. "Of course! Don't worry, I dumped a bucket of ice on his bed head on our last day of training as revenge. That's just usual of him but he's really good and reliable! He's really good at volleyball too! You should meet him soon!" Bokuto said as he listened. 

"I couldn't wait to meet this pain-in-the-ass Kuroo-san." He muttered sarcastically to which Bokuto laughed. He was about to apologize at the rude remark but it seems like Bokuto agreed to him which made him smile. 

The bus arrived and Bokuto continued talking, telling more stories of their past games and just random things that made him feel like he was filled with last year's information and happenings. He also learned that they have the same stop. And that Bokuto just healed from a wrist sprain. 

But he didn't hear anything related to the hellish thing Konoha mentioned earlier. And decided just to ignore it and wait until Bokuto is comfortable enough to tell him that.  

"See ya' tomorrow 'Kaashi! It's nice going home with you!" Bokuto bid goodbye after they walked down to their stop. "See you tomorrow as well, Bokuto-san." He said. 

Bokuto gave him a wide smile before walking to the opposite side of the street. He clutched the strap of his bag and walked to the other direction with a small smile playing on his face.