Imps story

Imp looked out upon the battlefield, he felt a pang of sadness welling up inside him. He had hoped against hope that Milindar would break the chains that held him and fight against the God of death. His mind slowly went back to his last encounter with Milindar.

Milindar sat on a black throne, sipping on some red substance that imp had assumed was wine. He watched imps every move as he approached.

"So," Milindar said, moving the cup he held in a circular motion, carful not to spill a single drop, "what do I owe a visit from the mage of the tower?"

"I have came to talk." Imp spoke loudly, his voice echoed off the empty gray walls.

"Talk?" Milindar laughed, he had expected the mage to try and get revenge for Tyrils death. "Then talk, I am a very busy person so please pardon me for rushing."

"I want to know why you insist to wage a war against life." Imp asked, his lips twitched into a smile.

"I do not wish to wage war on life," Milindar spoke in a exasperated tone, "I simply wish for the cycle to begin anew so that my kind may live once more."

"What makes you think that the end of this cycle and the start of a new would make that happen?" Imp asked, he watched Milindar closely to see any sign that he was lieing.

"The God of Death, V, he called himself, told me it was the only way." Milindar answered, he seemed irritated by the questions.

"Ah," Imp responded, "but is that the truth? Could the rebirth of the cycle actually bring your people back to life?"

"What are you implying, Dasari?" Milindars voice turned cold, his eyes flashed dangerously.

"That maybe," Imp replied readily, "you are being fooled, and through that foolishness, you are being controlled."

Milindar opened his mouth to say something but stopped, he seemed to be pondering what Imp had said. "You speak with such wisdom, mage of the tower. It's no wonder the towers inhabitants chose you as their first leader in the past six thousand years."

Imp bowed, graciously accepting the compliment. "Thank you," Imp replied, "but, I am not finished. What is the rebirth of a cycle?"

"It is when one cycle dies and another is born to take its place." Milindar responded without thinking.

"That is what I've come to know, but," Imp continued, "why must it happen."

Milindar once again stopped to think on the subject, not sure how to respond. "It must happen," Imp answered for him, "so that others, who are hopefully stronger, can come into being and put an end to it."

Milindar stared at Imp, impressed by his knowledge and insight. "What makes you think such a thing is possible?" Milindar asked, his voice low as he spoke.

"I've read all the algorithm that is contained in this," Imp produced a blue orb that lit up the torch lit room, "the God orb of life."

Milindar stared at the God orb for a moment before producing his own. It was pitch black and covered the room where Milindar sat in darkness. "V, the God of death, gave me this orb. He told me that I may be able to extract power from it, but I feel nothing from this thing."

"It makes sense," Imp replied, "you were a by product of the God of war, Talengar, and an accident at that. You would find no power from the orb, only chains. V probably gave it to you to make it easier to control you."

Milindar looked the orb over and began to tighten his grip on it before Imp could stop him. "Wait." Imp shouted, he hurried forward. "If you destroy the orb, you will only destroy yourself in the process. I will take the orb and keep it for safe keeping."

Milindar looked to Imp, for a moment Imp wondered if Milindar would actually listen or if he would just destroy it. "So be it." Milindar said as he held out the orb. "Take it away from here, make it snappy. I dislike the thought of being controlled."

Imp took the orb and carefully wrapped it in a clothe before putting it in his robe with the blue orb. Imp turned to leave but paused for a moment. "You may want to leave soon, I brought a friend along and he seemed keen upon killing you."

With that Imp left finding Grall and sending him home. As Imps mind returned to the present, he noticed Elvyna, Tyrils wife who was unconscious until hours before, standing behind him.

"Imp," she said, he voice full of concern, "where is my husband?"

End of Imps side story.