13. Never a Miracle

NEVER A MIRACLE

||Lana Wilson||

“Happy Anniversary babe” Our lips met and the spark ignited throughout our body like wildfire. We molded and moved our lips sipping each other’s taste. We broke apart after a while only to meet our foreheads together.

“My sweet Blue” Jay hummed.

It was our 2 year anniversary and I and Jay were spending it at home, cuddling on the couch watching movies and eating Chinese takeout.

To say it was ‘special’ would be an understatement.

He clasped his fingers with mine pulling me closer to his warmth.

“What shall we watch next?” He asked his gaze on the credits screen rolling through the last movie we just watched.

“Hmm”

He suddenly sat up straight grasping my hands even tighter, looking excited.

“Let’s drink the night away”

“Why?” I asked skeptically examining his way to happy persona.

He just shrugged and got up heading towards the kitchen.

“Jay!” I called out.

I was met with no answer. Shaking my head I resumed eating my noodles.

Finally, he came back with two bottles of whiskey one already opened.

I sat up straight on the couch looking at him.

“Jay,” I warned.

“Chill babe, here take one.” He handed me a whiskey and I took it looking at the bottle.

I thought we’d share one together. Seems like Jay had other plans.

While I was opening my bottle, Jay was already downing down his beverage.

Maybe I should loosen up, I wondered.

Taking a big gulp from my bottle, I drank down the bitter taste of the drink.

Laughing, I took another, whiskey falling from the corner of my mouth. Gulping it down, I wiped my mouth deciding I had enough for today.

I was done with 1/3 of my bottle. Glancing at Jay, I saw him take his second bottle of whiskey.

He must’ve taken another when I wasn’t paying attention.

Getting up from the couch I went over to Jay.

“Stop, that’s enough” I ordered trying to take away the bottle while Jay kept murmuring no and giggling.

I was suddenly pushed on the couch.

That was it.

“Jay ENOUGH” I bellowed.

This is my entire fault; I should’ve never allowed him to drink after he came from rehab.

I looked up to see a completely different person.

This wasn’t Jay. His eyes were cold, his posture was too rigid and he had a sinister smirk plastered on his face.

He downed another gulp and started sputtering and coughing.

“Jay!” I got up from the floor and roughly grabbed the bottle away from him.