Only in my Dreams (Chapter 15)

Ok guys, here's what you've been waiting for! Enjoy, and please vote and/or comment and let me know what you think. And as usual thank you Maskedducky for not skinning me alive yet!

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 15

I open my eyes to see only Jaime still lying in the other recliner. I slowly ease out of the chair, gun in hand, to wake him up. I shake him a little but get no response. I check his pulse and he's still alive but unconscious. This is not good at all.

I walk over to one of the windows that face the driveway and look out noticing that John's truck is gone. Why didn't he wake me up before he left? I make my way through the kitchen to the basement first. With my gun drawn, I check everything corner, behind every object I come across not wanting to get caught off guard. I make my way down the basement stairs and come to a complete stop halfway down.

Sounds of groans and grunts echo throughout the basement. Sounds of a woman's sobs tear through my chest. I quickly but quietly descent the stairs, trying to find the source of the sounds. Sitting on the floor with her hands tied behind her back to a support beam, Katherine looks up with horror in her eyes until she catches sight of me. I rush over to her, noticing blood trickling down the left side of her head but it's not enough to be worried over.

I remove the makeshift gag so she could speak.

"Thank God, Kyle!"

"Katherine, where's Amy?" I ask giving her a little shake.

"I don't know. I woke up hot because the ceiling fan wasn't on anymore so I came down here to flip the breaker. I assumed it had flipped like it usually does then the next thing I knew; I woke up just like this. I figured everything was okay since you and Jaime were still sleeping."

She takes a deep breath and blinks a few times trying to focus her eyes. I quickly untie her.

"Where's John?" I knew she would ask.

"I'm not sure. He said something about heading to town." It wasn't a complete lie but she didn't need to know the truth just yet.

It's not my place to let her in on her husband's secret. Hell, I'm not entirely sure I know exactly what his secret is.

"Katherine, I need you to stay down here and not move until you see me or John."

Katherine nods her head then scrambles behind the overturned laundry table. After making sure she would be safe, I make my way back up stairs. As soon as I make my way through the kitchen to the living room, I see my worst fears come to life; Amy's ex-husband dragging her to the door by her hair. With every yank of his hand, a sob escapes her lips. She must have taken a shower because the only thing she is wearing is an over-sized towel tightly wrapped around her.

With another yank of his damn hand, Amy cries out in pain. I raise my gun and want to pull the trigger but I won't with Amy being so close.

"Shut up! I told you I would get you back."

Tears roll down her face.

"Let her go." I calmly say with my gun leveled straight at the bastard.

He quickly turns around and levels his own gun at me.

"Ah chief, I'm glad you are here. I'm a little pissed at you for derailing my little surprise I had for you last night." Stephen says while slowly backing to the door.

"Yeah and what was that asshole?" I try to buy some time and keep him talking.

"Well, I figured since Amy lost our baby, I would give her another. That's what I was trying to do at your mother's."