Only in my Dreams (Chapter 2)

Here's the next chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!!!

**********************************************************************************************

Chapter 2

The weekend pasted with a blur and now it's my first day back to work. I haven't taught a class in almost a year and a half; oh how I've miss it. After sharing a cup of coffee with my mother this morning, I decided that I might need to leave a little early to get my classroom set up before the kids started showing up. There was only a minimal amount of traffic out this morning, unlike the hustle and bustle of Atlanta.

Pulling into the teacher parking lot behind the school, I get out of the car grabbing my purse and a bag of goodies that I made the kids for the first day. I walk around to the front office to check in. Walking in, I see Katherine Stevens which is the school principle, talking to Mrs. Carter that's been the secretary since I went to school here. Katherine and I also went to school together.

"Good morning Amy." Katherine greets me with a smile on her face and a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Good morning Katherine. How are you doing?" I say smiling back at her.

"I'm just fine. Can I have a word with you in my office real quick?" She ask motioning toward her office.

I don't say anything but head to her office and walking in. She walks in behind me, closes the door and props her butt on her desk in front of me. I have a pretty good feeling what she is about to say but I wait for her to start the conversation.

"Are you sure you're okay to start today? You know you can always wait until next year." Katherine is the only person besides my mother that knows what my life had been like before moving back home.

"Katherine, I'm fine really. Thanks for being concerned but I'm ready to get back to work. I've really missed teaching and if I wait any longer, you may give my job away." I finish, smiling at her trying to lighten the mood.

"No I wouldn't but listen if you need anything or want to talk all you have to do is tell me. I'm here if you need an ear." She states walking back to the door to open it for me.

"Thanks Katherine, now if you will excuse me I need to go set up my room before the kids get here." Before walking out of her office, I give her a hug. She was actually the only friend that I kept in contact with once I left.

I finally found the classroom that would my mine for the rest of the year. Once I stashed my purse away I began setting all the goodie bags that I made on the desks and setting the room just like I wanted it. Working as hard as I could with the limited amount of time I had, I got lost in my thoughts not realizing what time it was until a knock at the door brought my head around to non-other than Kyle Bryan...

********************************************************************************

Well the weekend past with nothing eventful happening as usual. Saturday when I got back to work, I done a little digging on Amy to see if I could find anything out on her and the only information that I came up with was she was divorced and had no kids. So much for my excellent police skills.

I got Ben up, dressed him in his new school clothes and made him breakfast. Ben is my son and usually stays with my mother during the week while I'm working but I wanted to take him to his first day of school. After Ben's mother pasted away just a year after he was born, it was just me and him taking care of each other.

"Are you excited about your first day of school?" I asked Ben as he ate his breakfast.

"I guess so. I hope I don't have a mean teacher like I did last year." He said taking his plate to the sink.