Only in my Dreams (Chapter 12)

Sorry this chapter is a little short but more will come! As usual, thanks so much for all the votes and comments on this story! To be honest, I never expected to get as many votes as I have. You guys are awesome and now here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

**********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 12

I'm starting to get a little uneasy because Amy hasn't come back from the bathroom yet. She's upset but I didn't think she would be that upset. I look over to Jaime and notice he's starting to get a little twitchy too.

"I'm going to go check on her. I'll be right back."

Jaime nods.

I get up to head to the bathroom. I crack the door just a little so I didn't have to yell through the door.

"Amy, you okay in there? I'm sorry that I upset you."

She doesn't respond but I hear what sounds like someone gasping for air. I open the door a little further so I can poke my head through and see Amy sitting on the floor, hyperventilating. I rush straight to her side.

"Baby, breath; just breath for me. Look at me and focus on me." I say grabbing her face to look at me.

As soon as her eyes lock with mine, she starts to get her breathing under control. It takes a few moments for her to calm down. Suddenly, she pales.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Amy jumps up and runs to a stall.

I grab some paper towels to wet them and take them to her. I wipe her forehead and try to sooth her the best I can. After losing her lunch again, she leans back resting her head against my chest.

"Baby, are you okay? What happened? Did I make you that upset?" I rub her forehead again with the wet towels.

"Stephen was here. Here in the bathroom."

I immediately tense. I reach for my phone to call Jaime even though he's just outside the door but I'm not about to leave Amy.

"Search the parking lot. The bastard was here." I say in a clipped tone.

"Son of a bitch, I'm on it." Jaime hangs up without another word.

I take a deep breath before turning my attention back to Amy.

"Baby, I need you to tell me what happened."

Taking a few shaky breaths, Amy relays what the bastard said.

"He said that he would get me back but not today. He said he had to get a few things in order before he came to get me." Amy starts to fidget with her hands and I can tell that's not all he said.

"Amy, I can tell you are hiding something. What is it?"

Amy starts shaking her head then starts to get upset again.

"It's okay sweetheart, please just talk to me." I plead.

"He said that he has something planned for you but he didn't say what." Amy says with a shaky voice.

I realize that sitting here in a women's bathroom really isn't the best time to think about what was said. I need to get her out of here and get her home where she will be safe.

"Baby, let's get you home. You okay to walk?"

Amy nods then tries to stand up. As soon as she gets upright, he knees start to buckle. I pick her up then make my way out through the bar. I can feel eyes on us as we make our way to the door. Walking outside, I notice Jaime talking to someone in a sheriff's cruiser. Catching my eye, Jaime motions me over. Instead of walking over, I head to the truck to lay Amy down in the back seat. I get in and pull over to where Jaime and the deputy are still talking.