Only in my Dreams (Chapter 7)

OK guys so this whole chapter is in Kyle's POV. Hope you guys enjoy!!!

*************************************************************************************

Chapter 7

I hurry over to the swing to lay Amy down. I guess her nerves got the best of her. I still can't believe the hell she lived through, I think to myself. Her mother brings out a wet cloth to lie on her forehead.

"While she is out, I'm going to go talk with Jaime a minute." I say to Mrs. Morgan.

"You know you are the first person that she has talked to openly about all this. I had to find out from the police. I want to thank you Kyle." Mrs. Morgan says pulling me into a hug.

"Mrs. Morgan, what are you thanking me for? I haven't caught the guy yet." I say pulling away from her.

"She has changed since meeting you and I want to thank you for breaking her shell and bring my little girl back to life." She walks away to sit in a chair beside Amy.

I have only known Amy for a little over a week now but more and more every day I start to feel a very strong connection with her. I wouldn't call it love just yet but she definitely put some kind of spell on me.

I can see that she is a very strong woman to live through that kind of hell. When I get my hangs on that bastard, he will pay. One thing is for sure, she won't be staying here for a while.

I walk back inside to check the progress of what Jaime is doing. I walk back into Amy's room and I can feel my anger rising all over again. Jaime turns around to take a few more pictures and spots me in the doorway.

"So did she tell you anything?" He asks.

"Yeah, more than I thought she would. I have a pretty good feeling who did all this." I say while turning my body away from the mess.

"Care to enlighten me?"

"Her ex-husband. I want you to talk with her mother and find out more about him then I want you to check to see if he recently got out on parole." I explain.

"You got it. Hey, we will catch him, don't you worry about that." Jaime tries to reassure me.

"I'm taking Amy to my house so I can keep an eye on her. I guess I need to find out where her mother will be."

I usually am a really good cop. I do my job, when there is something to do, and don't let my emotions get in the way but this time it's different. I'm acting more like Amy's boyfriend than the police chief. I'm sure as soon as people start finding about this, it will be the talk of the town.

"That's already taken care of. Louise radioed me while you were talking to Amy and insisted Mrs. Morgan and Amy to come stay with her." Jaime turned back around to finish with the pictures.

"When you get finished up here, I want you to head back to the station and see what you can find out about this bastard then call me with the details."

After giving Jaime the orders, I head back down stairs to find Mrs. Morgan. She is still outside with her daughter but at least Amy is awake now. As soon as I walk over to where they are sitting, Amy grabs my hand to kiss it softly. As soon as her lips touched my hand, this electric current shoots up my arm and down to where it shouldn't have went.

"Thank you for being here with me. It really means a lot to me." She graciously states.

I smile at her because I can't find the right words to say. Hell, I couldn't even think of anything at this moment. After what seems like an eternity, my brain decides to go back to work.