1

Lauren's POV
There she laid, in her eternal sleep. She was so peaceful, yet the aura from her was vile.

Her skin was cold, the complete opposite to how she was a couple of days prior.

Her skin was pale, almost blue at this point.

She wasn't the same girl I knew and loved.

She was a mere corpse. A corpse that I couldn't bare to part with.

It was as if when I did, if I did, I'd lose all ties I had with the girl.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to do the task.

"Lauren." I shook my head, tears forming in my eyes.

"I can't, Ally. I just can't." I cried out, tearing my eyes away from the girl, laid to rest on a metal table in our basement.

The fight wasn't supposed to go down like that. It wasn't supposed to happen at all...

Flashback...
"Lauren!" I heard Camila scream as she ran to me, the spear piercing my side.

The Alpha held a proud smirk, watching as I fell into my Luna's arms.

Camila's growl filled my ears as she pushed me into Dinah's arms, charging at the pack of 10.

"Camila, no!" It was all a blur, they ganged up on her.

Flashback over...

"The rest of the Sun pack is dead." Dinah confirmed as she walked in.

I nodded, sitting beside the corpse.

She was gone, I knew that. But I also felt like the body in front of me was still her. Somehow, on a way she was still here, attached to the body.

They left me alone, leaving me with my thoughts.

That's when I heard an ear piercing scream from deep in the woods.

It was female.

The girls rushed to me, alert.

"Dinah. Go find out what's going on. Mani, go with her. If anything goes wrong, use the mind link." They nodded and left.

A sigh left my lips.

"She deserves a funeral, Lauren. She deserves to be honored." Ally spoke, placing a hand on my shoulder.

She does.

Dinah ran in, clearing the table.

Mani rushed inside, laying a nude female, human on the table.

"She's human, Lauren. And wounded badly." Dinah spoke, rushing to grab our healing things.

Humans were rare in this time. Vampires, witches, werewolves, and other creatures walked the earth. Humans were rarely seen.

Ally rushed to the girl's aid.

The aura of the girl made me look away from Camila to her.

I felt as if Camila was here, still alive and with us.

I hadn't felt this since the attack.

The girls rushed to aid the girl, reviving her and dressing her.

The girl now laid on Ally's bed, sleeping.

"She was with the vampires, Lauren. They used her as a way to feed." Dinah growled out.

This girl was beautiful, that was obvious.

But she reminded me too much of the brown eyed girl, which meant she was a constant reminder of this pain in my chest.

"Once she heals, she's out of here." I spoke up.

"Lauren, she has nowhere to go." Ally pleaded with me.

"She's human. She deserves a life free of us monsters." Ally shook her head.

"Lauren, you'd only be putting her in more danger of the others. They'd snatch her up so quickly that she'd never see the light of day again." I groaned at that.

"Fine. They send a photo of her to the other packs, I'm sure at least one of them will know who she is. At least we aren't the bad guys." I said, referring to the war we had with vampires over humans.

They wanted to enslave them, use them as their personal pets. I forbade that.

We protect humans, as much as we can. They're weak, and so so so gullible.

"Whoever claims to know the identity of the girl will have her at their pack. She'll be gone and protected." I said, looking at Ally who gave me a solemn look.

"That's it? She just gets here after being attacked by vampires and you want her gone? Lauren, just-"

"I said that's it!" I growled at Dinah.

She immediately shut up and I stormed out of there.

I had to get out of there.

It was all too much...