twenty

{ chapter twenty  ~  the final battle }

{ chapter twenty ~ the final battle }

Mila lifted the hem of her skirt as she began rushing back to the fortress. "Where are you going?" Peter shouted, "We have to go forward with the backup plan!" She called back, she knew all along the Telmarines may cheat, therefore she had some sort of plan. Well thought out and strategic. Caspian glanced at Peter before looking at the running Queen. "She's safe with me, Peter," he told the boy who wore a worried look. "I'd die fighting before any harm could come to her." Peter smiled, "She's a friend, friends protect and look out for one another." He told the two Narnian Kings before following the young Queen. "Be ready!" Peter shouted again, as he frantically wanted the Narnians to prepare themselves quickly for another battle.

Mila hauled armour plates over her petite form. The heavy metal weighing against her small frame, however, gave her comfort. Battles and sword fighting were a passion of hers, a form of beauty and art. She enjoyed the dance of the battle, however, the brutality displeased her, yet it had to be done...

Caspian followed her in pursuit, he grasped his sword before hauling himself onto a stallion. "Be ready!" He called, his hand reaching down for the hopeful Queen's. She took it gratefully.

The Final Battle had begun.

"Narnians!" Caspian called, "Charge!" The large group began rushing through the underground caves. Mila clung onto Caspian, her sword readied. "One, two." Mila began, as she rode horseback with Caspian. "Three, four." He mumbled, his head completely focused on his task. "Five, six, seven." The two Royals said in union. "Eight, nine." Mila took a breath as she drew her sword back a small bit. "Get ready!" She called to the following Narnians. "Now!" Caspian roared, as he and Mila's horse sped quicker.

The beautiful, yet dim and gloomy walls of the tomb fell elegantly around Mila. The stories and tales her father told her of the Stone Table became fresh in her mind, and the threats of the White Witch for herself and Edmund vanished almost instantly as the caves fell. Her life that was been etched upon the caves crumbled and fell, however, she stayed upright and strong. After all, they were simply drawings, that would have no effect on her reality. But it hurt her. Seeing such a beautiful memory of herself, of her family, and her time in Narnia being ruined, but it was all for the sake of her Kingdom, it was something she had to do. She knew those drawings would forever be etched into her memory because it was her reality. A beautiful, tragic reality...

The loud sounds of neighing and shouting caused Queen Mila to turn back, the sight of the Telmarine soldiers falling into a pit of destruction and injuries pleased her. Their large charge forward had fired them out, and now, a large crater prevented them from simply storming her army.

"Charge!" Peter Pevensie called, the horrifying thoughts of his wife not being safe leaving his mind as he and his army strode forwards. "She'll be safe with me" Caspian's words kept him sane, even if he and Caspian got off on the wrong foot, he took his word for it. Especially since the young Prince was fighting his side, against his rightful people.