Chapter 35: Cheer Up!

Start from the beginning

Kai walked over to Y/N and hugged her from behind making her surprised. "Did you see me in your dream?" kai asked as he let go of Y/N.

"O-Oh, Hi Kai! I actually....had a weird dream about potatoes, no...." Y/N blushed as she looked at the ground. "What are you doing here?" Kai asked. "I was going to read the new book Jisung bought me in the plaza but....I don't know, I just wanted to stay away from the students." Y/N said. "I must have disturbed you then..." Kai said and was about to walk away when Y/N held his hand. It made his heart beat much faster as his eyes widened.

"I-I want you to stay here with me...." Y/N let go of Kai's hand and the both starred at the cherry tree with awkward silence between them.

"Kai.....Do you think this place is......beautiful?" Y/N asked as she looked at him directly. "This place is not as beautiful as you...." Kai said as his face got closer to Y/N's face and there were few inches between them.

"W-What?" Y/N asked. Kai removed his face quickly and blushed. "N-N-Nothing.....nothing!"

"Anyway, did you enjoy the punishment you got yesterday?" Y/N asked. "You mean standing in the hallway for the rest of the day? Yeah it was better than attending boring ass classes..." Kai said as he yawned, Y/N giggled.

Kai smiled as he looked at her.

"Y/N, Why did you want to be alone? You like to be in the plaza reading or listening to music......." Kai suddenly asked. "Hm.......I don't know, things are just a bit hard lately." Y/N said with a sigh.

Kai suddenly held her hand. "I know how to cheer you up." Kai said. He pulled Y/N and started running while Y/N short legs struggled to keep up with Kai's long ones.

Kai took Y/N to the gardening club and bent down the bushes to pull out a small kitten.

"Oh....so.....cute....." Y/N struggled in breathing. "I-I am sorry! Take your time!" Kai said.

After Y/N calmed down, she picked up the small kitten and pated on it's head. "How did you find it here?" Y/N asked.

"It was a rainy day and I suddenly heard crying, I came closer to see it there." Kai said. Y/N smiled and took out her phone. 'It's my chance to get closer to him....'

"Kai, let's take a photo with this baby kitten together!" Y/N said. "T-Together?" Y/N pulled Kai closer to her and tried to raise her hand high.

Kai laughed as he took the phone and took the selfie. "Great!" Y/N gave Kai a thumbs up.

"I hope you don't get tired now...." Kai said. "Why?" Y/N asked as she checked that the kitten returned back safely one last time.

"Come with me!" Kai held Y/N's hand and took her to the running track.

"You like sports, right? Let's have a race!" Kai said. Y/N smiled as she looked in front of her. "Do you know that I am a good runner?" Y/N said. "Really?"

"I once ran here with Beomgyu, but you know he is fast so I lost!" Y/N said. It made her and Kai really uncomfortable.

"How about we start in one....two....go!" Kai started running. Y/N quickly tried to catch up with him. "Wait, this is cheating!" Y/N said. Kai only laughed as he walked faster. Y/N was trying her best but she was......slow.

"Yah! You are slow!" Kai said. "I....I didn't practice for a long time!" Y/N said as she blushed. The two continued running.

Kai looked behind him and then noticed he only had short distance until he wins. He looked at Y/N who almost collapsed and decided to slow down and run with her instead of having an actual race.

"I didn't want to leave you alone!" Kai said. "It's okay." Y/N said. "But I want to be with you." Kai said.

The both were at then end when Y/N suddenly tripped and Kai held her, the both starred at each other for a while before standing up. The both had their hearts beating insanely.

"I-I liked the race!" Kai said. "M-Me too..." Y/N said. The both remained silent again. The bell suddenly rang and all the students started heading toward their classes.

"Shall we go now?" kai asked as he smiled. Y/N smiled and nodded her head.