Summer Never Came

We answer the door. "Hey Bri" Braden says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey you must be Braden. I'm Elisa" she said before handing me her bag. "Wait for me in the car, I'll tell Dad. Then we leave." She said before ushering us out the door.

"She's coming with us?" He asked confused.

"Yeah, I'll explain as soon as we get these in the car." I answered, offering a small smile.

"Okay." He says confused.

"You guys ready?!" Elisa asks excitedly.

"Yeah. Ok, so Elisa and I were talking. Mom is okay with the tour but we never got around to talking about it to Dad somehow. I offered to let her come and then she had the idea of a road trip. Which is kind of what a tour is but getting to preform at the same time in a sense." I explained to Braden as he started the car.

"Oh....." He said. "Where do we go to get your school stuff?"

"The school. Most of my teachers except for one agreed to email me the assignments, theres just one class I have to get the actual papers for." I said.

"Okay let's go." He said.

"Is it Ms. Jonson?" Elisa asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"I had her" she said. "I don't remember what she taught though. I think history. She was kind of mean."

"She's teaching Government now, an yeah. She's strict about her class." I agreed.

"Though she likes Monique everyone loves Monique" Elisa said.

"Is there a choice?" I joked. "Oh, just out of curiousity, after I pick up the stuff from the school, where are we heading next? " I questioned.

"Detroit MI" he said. "So from CT to MI is about 10 hours I believe" he says.

"Oh cool." I said.

I sigh. "I hate car rides" I say looking at him. "They make me sick and anxious. Mind if i roll down the window?"

"Go ahead" he says. "Whatever makes you feel more comfortable."

Elisa is on her phone in the back a smile on her face.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I fished it out and turned on the screen.

"You two are cute. -E." Was the message that was shown.

"Really Elisa?! We're in the same car!" I say loudly.

I was met with her soft laughter. "Would you rather I say it out loud?"

"Ugh please don't!"

"Say what?" Braden asks looking at the road.

"N-nothing Braden." I say blushing.

He grinned. "You're blushing. Its definately something intresting if it can get you to."

"Ugh you're so mean!" I wine.

"Pretty sure you mean awesome." He teased.

"We're done talking about this Kay?" I sit back and put my headphones in. I stick my tongue out at Elisa.

I felt my phone buzz again. "Awwww" from Elisa.

I typed back "you hush back there : p"

"Nahh you wanted me to come! :p" she types back.

Her phone rings. I hear her sigh quietly before she answered.

I mock her. Braden laughs "what was that?" He asks.

"Maybe, just maybe I should have picked Monique over her. At least she would have left me alone." I say softly.

"I think its cool, you and her get along" he replied.

"Wanna know what she just wrote?" I asked.

"Very much so." He replied.

I showed him the message. "You two are cute -E"

"She must have ment that you are cute. Because you are." He says smiling.

"Braden!" I say blushing. You TWO!" I say emphasizing the word "two".

"Braden!" I say.

"yes?"

"Just stop."

"Okay." He says.

"I was kidding! You don't love me anymore?" I ask acting hurt.

"Course I do silly!" His eyes widened when he realised what he said but didnt say anything to deny his words. Instead a dark blush stained his face, along with a small smile.

"How long till we get there?" I asked. "I hate sitting in the car." I wined.

Braden glanced down at the glowing fuel light, "Shouldnt be much longer, but we'll have to stop and get gas soon." He replied.

"Okay. Want me to fill it? I asked.

He could see I was willing to use any reason to be out of the car for a few minutes at least. "Sure, Wanna get a coffee or something while we're there? I know I need one for sure."

"Sure." I said

"Sure." I said. I went in went to the bathroom and grabbed 2 coffees but realized I suddenly felt nauseous.

I placed my hand on the counter to steady myself untill the feeling passed.

"Are you okay? You don't look so good" the cashier said.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay." I replied quietly. I quickly paied for the coffee, before returning to the car. I handed Braden his coffee before placing mine in one of the cup holders and leaning my head against the window. "I'm gonna rest a bit before we get to the next place if that's ok with you two?" I mumbled.

"Of course are you okay?" Braden asked.

"Yeah, I think so." I said. After I said that, I puked on the floor.