I Never Thought

"What was that?" Braden asked curiously. "One of my sisters must be home from college...I think." I say, getting up. "I'll go check really fast. Imma stop by the kitchen while I'm over there, want anythin to drink?" I offer.

"No, that's okay I should probably head to the hotel anyway. thanks though Bri." He says giving me a sideways hug. He comes down to the kitchen with me to grab his shoes so my mom can drop him off at the hotel.

"Your ready to head back?" Mom asked. "Yes Mam, it's getting a bit late." He replied.

Thanks for everything Braden. I say smiling.

After mom and Braden leave, I went to see what mom was so excited about moments ago.

"Hey loser." Monique says.

"Your back." I say simply.

"Yeah I live here." She says.

I sighed, and replied halfway teasing "Darn, i was hoping you got lost on the way here and started your empire somewhere else." I turn toward the fridge slightly, not letting my guard down fully. I grab a can of soda from the box before moving to go back to my room.

"So, Mom says you've got a new friend now...or well you've got a friend." She asks.

"Yeah, why do you care?" I ask calling over my shoulder.

"No reason." She said.

"Yeah, there's definitely a reason." I said. " now spill it."

"Why would I have any reason to care about you making an actual friend?" She asked. "It just means I have more time for me instead of having to pretend to do stuff with you when Mom's around."

"You might fall for him" I said. "And besides, he'll be gone soon."

I turn to look at Monique, to see her shurg and examine her nails bored. "To bad." She simply replies before walking out of the kitchen.

Little did she know I was going with him.....