"She disrespected you Fariah. I am very sorry I couldn't protect you from her." He touched her left cheek that his mother slapped and looked at her with guilt. "And I won't forgive her for all the shit she said about you. She had no right to say that."

"Haider, she's your mother. She was just trying to protect you from me." Fariah got a bit more flustered due to their close proximity but she had to clear his mimd as she was feeling very guilty. It was her fault that their mother-son bond got strained like this.

"And who are you? What relation do we have?"

"Huh?" Fariah, who was looking on the floor beneath her bare feet, looked up in his eyes at the sudden question.

"Who am I to you, Fariah? Answer me." His expression were stern and she concluded his playful mood had evaporated into thin air.

"You-uh...You are...." She felt nervous claiming him as her husband.

"You tend to forget our relation very often, Fariah." Haider said in a taunting tone. "After rukhsati, I'll make sure you won't forget who I am." He said with a heated gaze.

"I am your husband. We both have all the rights to do much more than sleep in the same bed." He wrapped his left arm around her waist pulling her more close as his right hand played with thin golden chain around her neck which had been teasing him for quite a while.

"Mom or anyone else has no right to say anything about you or our relation much less label you as...whatever she did. And I don't want you supporting her in things which are wrong. I love my mother but I also know how manipulative she can be. Are we clear?" He slightly tugged at her chain when she looked down making her look up. She nodded her head in relpy.

"Words, Fariah."

"J-Jee." She said as her eyes moved down to his hand still holding her chain. She couldn't handle the heat in his ashy orbs.

"Good girl. Now tell me, what do you want as your wedding gift?" His hand moved from her chain to her soft-looking earlobe and he massaged it lightly with his forefinger and thumb. Fariah almost moaned at the pleasurable sensation. No one has ever touched her like this. His coarse warm hand felt so good on her skin she doubted her sanity. Such a simple action of his made her blush crimson red.

"Um-noth...thing." She stuttered as Haider kept massaging her earlobe with curious eyes.

"What rubbish! Tell me what you want or I'll get something of my choice and then you'll behave all shy with your cheeks looking like tomatoes. And you already know, I love eating tomatoes." Haider's voice went from demanding to husky in a matter of seconds making Fariah shiver at the desire in his voice.

"I really don't want anything."

"My choice it is then." He shrugged and went back to his conquest on her earlobe. It was so squishy and soft.

"Haider, I'm sleepy." Fariah said when she saw he didn't plan on leaving her-actually her earlobe-anytime soon and her thighs had started to hurt again.

"Oh, should I take you to your room?" He asked and his eyes resembled a confused child's eyes.

"No, I can go myself." She giggled at his antics.

"Okay. Goodnight." He kissed her cheek. She stood there stunned with an open mouth and then ran from there grabbing her duppata on the way out. Haider's laughter echoed through the empty kitchen.

"Cold shower, here I come." He muttered under his breath and left to his room.

~

"Mehndi lagau gi mai sajna k naam ki"