He then met my eyes, daring me to challenge him. When I didn't say anything, he spoke again, "Executions will be carried out at dawn."

I felt numb as I watched he and all of his men walk from sight, all but one.

Bellamy met my eyes, "I'm not going to let him hurt you." he promised, his voice low.

I shook my head, clenching my jaw as I took a small step back. "It's too late, Bellamy." I announced with a cold tone. "It's time for you to live with the consequences."

---

This wasn't the first time I had faced death, and I was certain that if we managed to escape it, it wouldn't be the last. but for some reason, I felt that there was no escaping. This time, it felt more certain. And that horrified me.

I sat on the hard ground, my knees pulled to my chest as my back pressed into the cell wall. I numbly listened as Kane and Lincoln spoke to each other, their voices low. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but it didn't matter anyway.

My self induced exclusion from the conversation was ruined when Kane looked over to me, still in the middle of whatever he was saying to Lincoln. I could tell that his words now applied to me too. "Death can be an act of unity." he announced. "We don't show fear." His words were meant to be uplifting, but I couldn't help but feel fear.

He gently ran his fingers over the brand on his arm- the one marking the coalition that would have been. "The people will remember."

I thought about what his words meant. I wondered who would remember us, and would the memory of us be enough to stop Pike. I then thought of Bellamy. All he would have left is the memory of me. He would lose his sister because of this, maybe not physically, but I knew mine and Lincoln's death would cause a rift between the two siblings. Maybe one that couldn't be repaired.

I swear Pike planned his arrival times, because they always seemed to coincide perfectly with our own talks of death.

"Chancellor on deck!"

A small gasp of fear flew from my lips as the words echoed through the cell. It was time.

Kane was instantly on his feet, joining Lincoln and Sinclair who were already standing. I remained on the ground, afraid that if I tried to stand up my legs would give out from under me. I was terrified.

"Avery." Kane's voice was soft as he extended his hand for me to take. I could tell he felt guilty that I was in this situation. But it wasn't his fault. I'd have fought back against Pike even without Kane. Hell, if I hadn't of had him I probably would have been caught a lot sooner.

I took his hand, allowing him to pull me to my feet as Pike and his men approached the cell. I watched from the corner of my eye as Lincoln said something to the Grounders in Trigedasleng. It sounded like he was trying to comfort them.

"Get back!" Pike yelled as he and his men entered lock up. "Up against the wall."

I scanned the group of them, and quickly noticed that Bellamy was missing. Maybe he finally decided he didn't want to be apart of this. I found it kind of sad that it took me dying for him to realize he was on the wrong side.

I didn't put up a fight. Instead, I stood silent and still as the guards fastened cuffs on my wrists and ankles.

I remained silent as they dragged the four of us from lockup, directing us down the corridors. My silence was full of fear. Each step we took I knew I was one step closer to my death. My silence was also full of sadness. Despite the anger I felt toward him, I was heartbroken that I wouldn't get to see Bellamy before I died. No matter what, I loved him.

"Make way." Pike snapped at an oncoming figure.

"Yes sir, Mr. Chancellor." I recognized the voice before I could see her face. It was Harper.

I quickly caught her eye as I was directed past her. She didn't give anything away with her facial expression, but deep within her gaze I saw something that gave me a glimmer of hope.

My hope was quickly squashed when a voice came through Pike's radio. "Sir, you were right. Octavia Blake is here and she's not alone." It was Hannah, Monty's mom on the other end of the device.

I felt my heart drop, fear coursing through my veins at the prospect of Octavia being caught trying to save us.

Pike spun to look at us. "On their knees!" he snapped. His orders were quickly obeyed, all four of us being forced onto the ground.

Pike brought the radio to his mouth once again. "Do you have a location?"

It was silent for a moment.  "Negative, sir."

"Sir," Bryan spoke from somewhere behind me. "We can assume her friends have already told her where we're taking them. We shouldn't go any further until we know the route's secure."

Looking around briefly, Pike seemed to consider his options before finally nodding. "Put them in there." he ordered, motioning to one of the rooms. "Lets go! Move."

I was yanked to my feet, one of the guards pushing me toward one of the rooms. A small grunt escaped my lips as he shoved me through the door. "Is all the pushing really necessary?" I mumbled, turning to glare at him.

The guard ignored me, but instead raised his gun slightly. Tough guy.

"I want two men on the door!" Pike ordered, his voice holding a certain urgency. "Anyone comes out of there, shoot to kill. Anyone enters this corridor, one warning, then shoot to kill."

I couldn't hear the rest of his instructions to his guards, as seconds later the door was slammed shut.

Silence settled across the room, all of us scared to speak. We all had hope that all of this was happening because we were going to be saved. But deep down the fear lingered.

Minutes after the door had been slammed, footsteps could be heard from the corridor. I felt my heart skip a beat as I took a small step back. Lincoln met my nervous gaze, giving me a small nod as he took a small step in front of me.

The door swung open with so much forced I jumped in shock. My eyes widened as I looked past Lincoln. There in front of us, was Octavia Blake.

My heart swelled as I stared back at my best friend, quickly noting the unconscious guards on the ground beside her. She was here to save us.

She had her arms wrapped around Lincoln in seconds, holding onto him as tight as she could. Their embrace didn't last long however, as she quickly pulled away to look at the rest of us. "We have to move."

I glanced into the hallway. "Where? Tavia, they're every where."

She gave me a sly smile as she bent down and wordlessly moved one of the floor tiles aside. "Everybody in." she announced, nodding toward the crawl space under the Ark.

The three men shared nervous looks, I mean it did look pretty tight. I let out a low laugh, not wasting any time in lowering myself down.

Once lowered down, I looked up to the group with a small grin. "Feels like home."