⇝7⇜

SORRY FOR THE WAIT BUT WE'RE HERE NOW!!

"Soulmates..."

Jimin and Taehyung were breathless as their third soulmate examined them, although they were more under the impression that he was undressing them with his eyes. No one said anything for some time.

To Taehyung the whole scene was like one of the clichés he used to write. His eyes were locked on the stranger, his palms were sweating and his heartbeat was basically deafening. He was sure his two soulmates could hear it as well, because if he wasn't mistaken or crazy, he could hear Jimin's.

Jimin's uncle made a noise, a barely audible grunt which averted all of their attention to his lying and bloody body. Releasing a breath he didn't realize he was holding, Taehyung internally chuckled at the irony of the situation and his actions. He was acting more awestruck than actors in k-dramas in scenes when they meet their soulmate, and for a second he almost believed their own true story could be compared to one of those in such shows. And then he remembered the stabbed body next to them.  

"You..." Jimin started with wide eyes, confusing Taehyung because he couldn't determine if they were wide due to horror or admiration. "Killed... Him..." he breathed out.

Their soulmate who was still a stranger to them shook his head. He adjusted his grip on the knife.

"He's not dead."
Jimin found it unfair how even his voice was attractive. 'He was hot enough already dear God, wasn't he? Is this really necessary to make him so perfect?' Jimin thought.

"Yet," the boy added after a short pause during which he once again looked them up and down. Turning his back to them, he faced the elder man, who was still alive, just barely. It seemed like he was trying to say something but had trouble doing so. Jungkook smirked darkly. He lifted his foot, stepping on the man's stomach. A loud groan could be heard, but Jungkook doubted anyone other than them was around to hear it.

"You two should go," he told his soulmates without turning to them. "This will get messy."

"But—" Jimin wanted to argue, but a squeeze on his thigh stopped him. He turned to his soulmate whose name he knew only to see that Taehyung was in pain. His palms were on fire from the broken bottle and there were a few bigger pieces of glass stuck in his side from when Jimin's uncle kicked him and he landed on them. Jimin figured it was the soulmate connection because he knew that Taehyung was also in pain because he didn't want to leave their other soulmate just yet, but had to.

"I— Ah..." Jimin sighed and helped Taehyung to stand up. "Thank you so much for saving me," he expressed his gratitude, not finding it even slightly weird that he was thanking his soulmate for killing someone. "Us," he corrected when Taehyung let out a small yelp.

Only slightly comforted by the fact that soulmates can instinctively find each other by following the pull of the strings after the first meeting, Jimin decided to leave the alleyway and his second soulmate with Taehyung. But after two steps Taehyung stopped in his tracks, turning around.

"Wait! What's your name?" He questioned, feeling stupid they didn't ask for it before.

Exchanging names was a big part of becoming soulmates. Although it wasn't really necessary, they were your soulmate regarding if you knew their name or not. But knowing their name sorts of makes the person more real.
You wait for your soulmate for nineteen years, usually more because it takes time to find them. There's no way to know anything about them, their race, nationality, gender, looks, or preferences. And once you find them you finally get a name to call them by. And that means a lot. They're not just a shadow of a person anymore, they're real and you feel the connection between you and them.
The longer you're away from them, the stronger the pull will be, and more often will their name pop into your head. There were cases where soulmates met and didn't exchange names. In the past, but even more in the present, cases like that end in tragedy. Not knowing your soulmates name makes the connection slightly weaker, but all is fine if you get to meet with them again soon. But if you only made eye-contact at an airport, for example, you have really bad luck. There are a million sites and services for cases like that and although usually the soulmates still manage to reconnect if they both search for each other and rely on each others description. But if they don't and go without meeting again for a long time, they slowly start wasting away. More often than not, actually in almost all such recorded cases, the soulmates suffer depression and eventually resort to suicide, but only after years of painful suffering. Such a scenario is even worse than losing a soulmate or being soulmateless from the start, although those have high suicide rates as well.