⇝2⇜

Jungkook clutched his jacket and rushed out of the apartment, grabbing the sandwich he made beforehand and shoving it in between his teeth. He was still putting on his shoes while standing outside the apartment and, luckily for him, in those few seconds he remembered to lock his apartment. He ran down the hallway, cursing his tardiness.

"Fuck, I'm gonna be late!"

The inside of his apartment was dead silent. The only sound was the wind coming through the half-opened window.

It was an old apartment. The whole building was old. Jungkook wasn't really able to afford anything better yet with his own hard-earned money. Not like he wanted to move away. He grew quite fond of his small place. It was just shabby and secluded enough to not attract any attention. No one to pry into his business.
One of the bad sides were those worn-out doors that often opened because of the draft, sometimes on its own. Jungkook always had them locked. Because, while his neighbors or the landlord might not really care what he does in his free time, if they accidentally saw the inside of Jungkook's apartment there would be no end to his troubles.

The place was messy, sure, no one expected a twenty-something-year-old kid to be extremely tidy, but it was more than just a normal mess. There were bloodstains on the kitchen wall, half of the dirty clothes lying on the floor were drenched in blood and there was a wide range of weapons (mostly knives and daggers, bu a few guns as well) displayed on the couch. The only thing that wouldn't tip-off other people that he killer lived there was the sweet smell of hot chocolate and vanilla in the air. Not that anyone would care about that after they saw his place which didn't even need a dead body to be considered a crime scene.

In the middle of that apartment, on the only table, there was a lonely black notebook. It had thick leather covers and it was left wide open. The wind kept turning the pages.

29th September 2016

I killed somebody

1st October 2016

I killed again

31st October 2016
I stopped counting how many I killed.
I almost got caught. Fortunately, today is Halloween. But next time I might not be as lucky. I need to be more careful!

22nd December 2016

I talked with Namjoon hyung today. To be honest, I missed him. He wants to help me.

But I don't need help.

I'm perfectly fine. More than fine actually.

28th December 2016

Namjoon visited again. He almost caught me. I need to be sneakier, I can't afford to go to jail or asylum.

I just might take him up on his offer. He's offering me a great job after all, I shouldn't refuse.

The next few pages were empty, but after those few the entries started again.

5th September 2018

They're still here. Those fucking strings. I've been researching for two full days and found absolutely nothing. Nothing useful. The free days they offered me are running out soon and I'll need to go back to the job. I'm not sure if I should tell anybody about the strings.

They might think I'm crazy. 

Ha, if they only knew.

No, I shouldn't tell anybody yet.

6th November 2018

I love this job. It's perfect. And thanks to Namjoon hyung's position as a sergeant I have it pretty easy. I can cover my tracks if I ever mess up, although I doubt that after so much time. And I don't need to waste my time doing research anymore. It gets handed right to me.

The only problem I now have to deal with are those strings. A month passed and I still made no progress.

10th November 2018

I had that nightmare again. I'm not sure what it means, but they're getting more frequent. And more painful.

I think I'm sure now. I somehow have two soulmates. That must be it. It's impossible but there is no other answer.

What troubles me the most is the feeling that they're in some kind of danger. Or at least one of them.

I need to find them before something happens to them.

I need to protect my soulmates.

The last entry was written by Jungkook the day before, just a few minutes before midnight, and on the bottom of the page were three droplets of blood.