39

"I'm scared," Felix admitted, bouncing his leg up and down as he sat on the skatepark's bench beside Jeongin, the afternoon sun shining over them. "What if he's only coming here to shout at me?"

Jeongin smiled, placing a hand over Felix's and giving it a squeeze. "He's not coming here to shout at you. I asked him to come here so you can stop hating each other...or rather, stop him from hating you."

Felix grimaced, "he's scary. I always feel like he's casting curses on me or some shit."

Jeongin giggled, "he's a Christian, they don't do magic."

"Yeah well...I feel like he'd betray that just to hex me."

Jeongin was still smiling as he leaned his head on Felix's shoulder, holding his small hand and brushing his thumb across the back of it. He saw Seungmin approaching from down the road and Felix tensed. Jeongin pressed a kiss to his knuckles to calm him.

When Seungmin reached the gate, he pushed it open and walked over to the pair with blank expressions. After scaring Felix with a tense silence for too long, he eventually said, "ok, I'm here. What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't want to talk about anything," Jeongin said, getting up from the bench and dropping Felix's hand, much to his disappointment. "I want you to talk to Felix," he pushed Seungmin down onto the bench and ignored the glare he shot him. When he took a step back from the bench and saw Felix's eyes pleading for help, he said, "you're the two people I love the most in this world. I don't want you to hate each other."

"I don't hate him," Felix interjected, "he hates me."

"I don't hate you," Seungmin rolled his eyes, "I just don't trust you and I think I have a good reason for that after what happened last month."

"And I'm really sorry about that. I've been feeling guilty since, but it was an accident and I would never intentionally hurt Jeongin so I don't understand why you think I would?"

Seungmin fell silent, drawing his eyes away from Felix to look at Jeongin. He was watching the two hesitantly, anxious as to what was going to happen and Seungmin couldn't help but feel at fault. He was the one causing so much trouble for the pair. "I don't know why I don't trust you," he muttered, staring at the ground below him, "I guess I'm just not used to Jeongin being around other people. I'm worried about what could happen to him and I assumed the worst of you, but that's my fault not yours. I have a hard time trusting people."

"It's ok, I understand," Felix nodded, "I don't want anyone to hurt Jeongin either."

"I'll try and be nicer to you for Jeongin's sake. I'll also try and trust you, but I swear to god if you hurt him in any way..." He trailed off.

Felix smiled, shuffling forwards to wrap his arms around Seungmin's shoulders in an embrace. Seungmin was taken back, not sure why Felix was hugging him when he was nearly threatening him. He looked over at Jeongin to see him motioning to hug Felix back. Grudgingly, he did so. Jeongin chuckled beside them, locking eyes with Felix and sharing a grin.

"Well, this was fun," Seungmin mumbled, pulling away from the hug and getting to his feet. He sounded awkward. It made Jeongin laugh. "I'm going home. You need to be back before dark," he told Jeongin who rolled his eyes and waved him goodbye.

Seungmin started to make his exit. He reached the skatepark gate and held his hand out to push it open, but someone was standing on the other side. They were in all black clothing despite the hot weather. Seungmin apologised without looking up at their face, stepping aside so they could enter but froze when he finally saw who it was. Nearly the whole of the summer holidays passed without them crossing paths, but he hadn't changed. He looked more tired, a bit scruffier in his appearance but as attractive as always.