18

Felix felt nervous as he stood outside of Chan, Minho and Hyunjin's house. His hands shook as he reached up to ring the bell. He hadn't seen any of them since Minho punched him in the face, but at least he'd called Chan. The other two seemed to be busy, likely due to exam season fast approaching or they were avoiding him. He inhaled deeply to calm his nerves, relieved when he saw the person opening the door was Chan.

"Lix!" He exclaimed, stepping forward and almost suffocating Felix to death with a hug, "holy fuck, I've missed you so much! I've just been so busy- wait, how's your nose?"

Felix chuckled, moving his hand up to touch the small cut on the bridge of it, "it's ok, doesn't hurt anymore."

"I wanted to kill Minho when he told me what he did."

"No, it's fine. I've forgiven him. Actually...I need him to do me a favour."

"Forgiven? Lix, he punched you in the face! Has he even apologised?"

"Well, not really, but...I need him to do something for me and that could be his form of an apology or something," Felix shrugged but it was clear Chan wasn't happy. He crossed his arms over his chest, raising an eyebrow as if to ask what this favour was. Felix sighed. "I need him to break into a room in someone's house."

"What?" Chan's frown deepened, "this isn't Edward Scissorhands. What the fuck, Lix?"

"Please can I just go and see him?"

"Fine, but you're not staying alone with him."

As usual, when Felix stepped inside Chan's house, it was dark and unlit, as if the three who lived there had an aversion to light. "Where's Minho?" Chan asked Hyunjin who was sitting in their living-room armchair, staring down at his phone until he looked up at the two.

"Oh um," he hesitated, "I think he's in his room."

Chan made his way over to the door at the bottom of the stairs and pulled it open. He shouted for Minho and while he did so, Felix smiled at Hyunjin. He only got a half-hearted one back before Hyunjin looked down at his phone again, saying, "please don't shout at him. He's sorry for what he did."

"I'm not here to shout at him, why do you think-" Felix began but before he could finish, Minho walked into the room. He looked fed up, like he didn't want to be there. Judging from his appearance, he'd just got out of bed. When he saw Felix, his expressions changed though. He looked more meek, taking a step backwards from Chan as he self-consciously brushed down his hair, wrapping his arms around himself.

"Hey," he said, trying to act like he normally did but Felix could see a crack in his facade, "you don't have a bloody nose anymore."

"No, I don't," Felix chuckled. Chan didn't find it amusing though. He didn't like how Felix was taking it so lightly, as if Minho would never hurt him again which he didn't know if he believed. He didn't want to be wary over someone he lived with, one of his closest friends, but Chan knew Felix was naive and it could end up getting him hurt. He had to be the cautious one to look out for him. "I know we aren't the bestest of friends at the moment but I was wondering if you could do me something?" Felix asked, "maybe to say sorry for punching me in the face?"

"Depends. What is it?"

"You're good at picking locks, right?"

"Yup."

"I have a friend who needs a door in their house picked. Would you be able to help?"

"Lix, what are you planning?" Chan interrupted.

"He just needs to find something, it's not a big deal," Felix answered so vaguely that Chan got the impression it was a big deal. He couldn't say anything else before Minho answered.

"Yeah, I'll do it for you," he said, "but you have to promise to never bring up Jisung again."

"Ok, deal," Felix decided, holding his hand out, "I'm sorry by the way, about bringing him up, I know I shouldn't."

"It's whatever, just don't say anything again or else," he said, accepting Felix's handshake for a second before promptly dropping his hand and making his way back to the staircase.

Chan scoffed as he watched him go. "Dickhead."

🍓🍓🍓

It was gone midnight when Seungmin snuck out of his bedroom window. It was only the third time he'd done it but every time he was filled with a rush of adrenaline. He was starting to think it was the only thing that made him feel alive, an escape from the excessive pressure of religion, study and caring for Jeongin at home. He liked those things, but he didn't realised how much he needed a break before.

The walk to where Seungmin was heading wasn't long, but that didn't mean he wasn't wary of the dark streets anyone could have been lurking around the corner of. He was just glad that his friend always drove him home.

When he reached the house, he walked around the back into the tiny but sweet garden like he'd been told to. It was decorated with fairy light hanging from trees and wrapped around plant pots. In the centre of the garden was an apple tree, standing tall and proud with gorgeous, ripe fruit hanging from the branches. Surrounding the tree was a small circle of stones, emphasising the tree as an important feature, especially with the lights hanging from the branches. The rest of the garden was well taken care of too, the grass cut and plants growing at the bottom of the garden.

"You turned up!" Someone said, catching Seungmin's attention as he tore his eyes away from the wonderful scenery and onto the man who was standing in the doorway that led into his kitchen.

"Of course," Seungmin nodded, "did you really think I would stand you up?"

"No," Chan smiled, stepping outside and reaching for Seungmin's hand. He led him over to a purple blanket that had been laid on the grass and asked, "do you like stargazing?"

Seungmin smiled as he sat down, Chan following pursue. "I haven't done it in ages, but I remember liking it," he said, folding his legs under himself and sitting close to Chan so that their legs were almost touching.

"It's one of my favourite things to do," Chan admitted, moving away from Seungmin but only so he could lie down. When Chan caught Seungmin watching him, eyes following as if he was in some sort of trance, he chuckled and patted the space beside him, "lie down with me?"

"Ok," Seungmin nodded, feeling an air of unease to him, but once he saw the stars in the clear sky above him, he started to relax. At first, they lay in silence, eyes unshifting from the heavenly bodies above them, but ever so slowly, Chan started to move his hand closer to Seungmin's. Their fingers brushed each others at first, so light that Seungmin thought it could have been a gentle breeze until Chan's hand fully slipped into his own. He turned his head, looking at Chan who did the same thing and all Seungmin could do was stare. He felt lost in Chan's eyes, captivated, perhaps more so than he was by the stars.

Chan started to move closer to Seungmin, the hand that wasn't holding his moving to his waist. Seungmin propped himself onto his side, leaning down to capture Chan's lips in their first kiss together. Seungmin had shared kisses before, but this one was different. Instead of it being rough and domineering, it was soft. Seungmin knew he liked kissing Chan straight away, unlike how he felt about everyone else he'd kissed. He liked the light feeling of Chan's hand on his waist. He liked the taste of sour apple on his lips and he especially liked when the kiss was deepened. Seungmin moved closer to Chan, placing one hand on his chest and the other on the blanket, legs intertwining with each other. Despite the occasional nose bumps and finding themselves out of breath too many times, it was the most perfect kiss Seungmin had ever shared. Everything felt heavenly.

🥛🥛🥛

I originally wanted to give the chapters names because I sooooo badly wanted to name this one Eden....but I forgot and then couldn't be bothered dhsbnansn.

Anyway: Jeonglix, Seungchan or Hyunho in this fanfic? I should probably say jeonglix because they're the main ship but I prefer hyunho scenes so much more sjjsnsnd (there haven't been many yet tho so y'all will have to wait).