36. Pet dog

I just can't leave these two alone... so here's another chapter <3 

(Benjamin's POV) 

The cup of newly brewd coffee in my hand is warm and smells heavenly as I look out over the city. We're sitting on the balcony of our apartment in the new building and there's a ton of unpacked boxes inside. 

Kellan is half asleep in a folding chair and I admire his manly features from my seat across the little table. As I take a sip of coffee a big, fluffy cat pops up on the railing of the balcony across from ours. The cat must belong to whoever lives in there beacuse we're eight floors up and not even a cat could climb that. 

It stares at me with calculating eyes while looking completely uninterested. I lean forward and smile, earning a small meowl from it. I sense Kellan shift beside me and when I shift my gaze to him I see him staring the cat down. 

His eyes are hunt focused like he's watching a prey, waiting for the right time. A big smile tugs at my lips and I stay still, watching him watching the cat. It suddenly moves, jumping up onto a flowerpot on the railing. 

Kellan grabs the arms of the chair as if he's ready to charge at any moment. I have to try hard not to laugh. The cat loses its interest and turns its back on us. Kellan takes a slow breath and leans his head forward as if he's about to jump over the eight floor gap to the balcony on the other side. 

When the cat licks it's paw Kellan quietly growls. It's the faintest of sounds but wathcing his throat vibrate with the growl I can't hold it in anymore. A small giggle escapes me. Kellan immidiatly turns to me with a surprised face. I burst out in laughter and put my cup down. 

"What?" he asks thinking I didn't see him stare the cat down. 

"No, no. It's nothing. I was just thinking it'd be nice to have a pet dog" I tell him but can't keep the laughter out of my voice. 

"You want a pet?" he asks, confused and a bit tired after unpacking and moving furniture. 

I shake my head. 

"No. It feels like I already have one" I laugh and his eyes shine with understanding. His cheeks flush and I laugh even harder. 

"I wasn't..." he mumbles and rests his face in his hand. 

"Were you about to attack that poor cat?" I ask and he growls in agony. Teasing him is so much fun.  

"No!" he growls but the smile on his lips is unmistakeble. 

"Yes, you were!" I say jokingly and he stands up looming over me. 

"No, but I'm about to attack you!" he informs me and I wiggle as his big arms pick me up. 

When I'm in his arms, unable to escape he comes at me with kisses and smooches all over my neck and face. I laugh and writhe like a snake but to no use. I smile at him. 

"I give up! I give up!" I laugh and stare into his beautiful brown eyes that shine like the midday sun. My legs wrap around him and I hold on to his shoulders. 

"Are you sorry for what you did?" he teases. 

"Never!" I claim. 

Kellan growls and kisses me vigoriously, pushing his tongue into my mouth and sucking on my lips like they tasted of candy. I accept him and kiss him back. My tongue lick at his lips and he nibbles on my bottom lip, sucking my tongue into his mouth, kissing me like I'm the love of his life. 

"We're never going to finish unpacking if we continue like this" I complain but he knows I don't mean it. I relish in this sweet moment as I stare into his bright brown eyes.

"Mhm, but I like this better" he murmurs into my neck and hugs me tightly. I wrap my arms around his neck and lean my head against his shoulder too. We stay like that for a while and just hold each other. Aren't I getting heavy? 

"Put me down before you get tired. We still have to move the couch and the bed" I remind him but he doesn't let go. "Kell?" No answer... "Babe?" 

At this this endearing term he looks at me. I blush. Maybe he doesn't like being called babe... 

"Yes, baby?" he asks with a pleased grin. 

"Come on..." I complain with burning cheeks. 

"Kiss me and I'll let you down" he teases. 

I sigh but lean in for a slow and sensual kiss that ends way too soon. As our lips unlock Kellan stares at me like I'm the only thing in the whole world. My body becomes warm down to my very core. 

Just as I asked he lets me down, carefully making sure I don't stumble as he releases me. I look at him with a needy gaze and bite my bottom lip. His jaw clenches and his eyes burn yellow and hot. 

"We haven't put up the bed yet" I argue but swallow because he's making me so horny right now. His chest fills with every breath and his tongue licks his lips as he thinks. 

"The shower was installed and finished yesterday" he suggests and I shiver under his fiery gaze. 

"I am not having shower sex with you" I inform him and think about our options. The living room mat is very soft. "Let's just do it on the floor" I decide and turn to the sliding doors. 

I feel his presense behind me all the way inside. I stop on the mat and reach down to undress but his big, warm hands stop me. 

"Let me" he demands.