20. The Blue King's imprint

Most of the oblique tilted lines of this chapter are flashbacks! To help you follow I've put a * infront of every flashback line. 

(it's back and forth a lot, sorry) 

// Rin 

(Benjamin's POV)

I end up wearing the blue sweater Kell picked out. He's been looking at me with worried eyes since we left the café and now he's sitting on the bed watching me get dressed for the acceptance ceremony. 

"Are you sure-" I ask for the thirteenth time but he cuts me off. 

"You look perfect." 

I pull at the shirt. It's beautiful. I'm not

It makes my soot black hair and water colored eyes stand out. I feel all wrong and out of place. Everyone is going to think I look like a freak. 

"I can't believe we are going to be family now. Not that we already aren't, but this is a bigger family" he corrects himself and I wonder if he's not acctually delusional. What on earth would make him call his pack a family? 

"I can't wait" I lie and hope that I pass out on the way up. 

The top floor of the apartment building is a big hall of some sort. There is food, tables and a big open space with a tiny stage in the middle. Kids chase each other back and forth between the other pack members and there are blue decorations around the room. As soon as we enter Eric starts. 

"As your alpha I gladly welcome you all to this joyus day. Before we begin I want you all to think about the values we share, and the principles our pack is built on. With loyalty, sincerity and love we take care of each other; and with effort, respect and trust we protect each other. You have all strengthened my heart, making me strong enough to continue after the worst of sorrows" Eric speak, standing on the little stage gesturing with his arms. 

The glaziness of his eyes is unmistakeble. He stills and continues. 

"Someone very precious has been sent our way by the glorious moon and it is my honor to present him to all of you. Come here, Benjamin" Eric instructs and reaches  his hand out to me. The pack part to make way. Kell's hand on my shoulder is the one thing that keeps me from running away right now. 

*I'm naked on the ground and they are standing in a circle around me. I'm tied, both arms and legs. Everyone is standing still; only one person is moving. He's walking around me with slow, dragging steps that are so heavy I can feel them trough the ground. 

Kellan squeezes my shoulder but I can't move. He notices and leads me through the people. They are all looking at me with big eyes. 

*Everyone is looking at my naked body but I am too young to understand why. All I know is that he's dangerous and that he wants to hurt me. 

Eric is smiling. His eyes are filled with love and empathy. I take his hand and let him pull me up on the stage. His presence is warm. I shiver. 

*The alpha is smiling. His eyes are empty, there is only apathy. He puts his hand on my head and pulls me up by my hair. His presence is cold. I shiver. 

Eric is big. He practically towers over me like a giant, but the only thing his bodylanguage tell me is that he's happy. His hand is still holding mine and he pulls me in to stand close to him. 

*His giant statue is enough to make my eyes water, and the aura he gives off is chilling to the bones. I fear he will kill me right here in the middle of the woods. He smells like dirt and blood and sweat, as he growls at my face. The void in his eyes is endless. I quiver and beg for mercy but he throws me on the ground. Before I know it he's on top of me and I feel the pain erupt through my body like an explosion. I'm imprinted by him and his malice.