Chapter 16

Well, I definitely had Toby's attention. And Joel's. And Matt's. And all of Of Mice and Men along with Rian, Jack and Zack. All of them with the same purpose: trying to convince me to stay. They were arguing amongst each other. Rian and Zack blamed Jack, Jack blamed Matt and Joel. Toby was shouting at Austin, Austin was shouting at Alan, Alan shouting at everyone else. Me? I stayed still as I watched their useless efforts. They were wasting their breath. My mind was set, I wanted to leave. This wasn't even a tour anymore. We were a week and a half behind schedule and no one was even pretending to like each other anymore.

"Guys..." my voice was soft and hardly audible, even to me. "Come on, guys..."

But they continued shouting and disrespecting each other when all I wanted was to end the arguing.

"Can everyone please shut up!?" I shouted.

All side arguments died out, they stared at me like I was some fragile thing that might break at any moment.

I ran a hand through my hair as I bit my bottom lip. "It's no one's fault. What Austin did, what Jack did, what each of you may have done, none of it matters." I sighed and stood up from my seat on the chair. "I just want to go home. This isn't even a tour anymore, you know that. It's just a hold up, we're wasting time shutting ourselves out in this hotel."

Rian nodded, I guess he agreed with me. "She's right. We can always reschedule all the dates. Meanwhile, Alex is still in the hospital, recovering."

"And Jd... he doesn't deserve any of this." Austin mumbled.

I smiled sadly at him. He knew... he knew that as soon as I went back home, he and I were done. But that's not what bothered him. He wouldn't cope without Jd. He almost sort of raised him as his own son. He loved Jd and Jd loved him. But he wasn't his father and he had to understand. After what he did, I wasn't sure I could trust him anymore nonetheless leave my son to him.

"I leave tonight." I whispered, looking at the ground.

"I'm going with you." Toby spoke up.

I shook my head. "No, you're staying here. I don't need anyone to follow me." I sighed as I got up and began to walk back to my room to pack up.

I got in the elevator and just as the doors were about to close, Jack ran in almost crashing into me.

"Iris, please don't leave. Alex needs you." he rushed in a sudden whisper.

I shook my head and looked at the ground. "No. You're right. He wouldn't even be in there if it wasn't for me."

"I didn't mean it, Iris. I'm so sorry."

I shrugged. "I was thinking of leaving anyway..."

"...and I was the breaking point." he finished for me.

I looked up at him, finally seeing in his eyes that he truly was sorry.

The doors to the elevator dinged open and I quickly walked out, not once looking back at Jack who watched me go with tear stained eyes.

________________________________

Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry this is just a filler chapter because I haven't updated since last year cx IT'S JANUARY 2015 guys! My birthday is on the 18th!