Chapter 7

Iris' POV

I sighed in boredom as I watched OM&M's crew take down the set. Tonight's show was over and had been amazing. The crowd had been the best so far, it made me smile to see how they shouted our lyrics back to us.

"Iris, can we talk?" I heard a voice call out from behind me.

I turned around only to come face to face with Jack.

"Are you going to yell at me?" I asked, frowning a little.

He chuckled a little as he shook his head.

I shrugged. "Then, I guess."

"Um... how, how old is Jd?" he asked.

My breath caught in my throat. Why did he want to know?!

"Why?" I asked.

He sighed. "I just... I-- I'm sorry."

He began to walk away until I decided that if he was making an effort to be nice, so would I.

"He's three!" I shouted after him.

He turned around on his heels and smiled at me.

"Maybe I can play with him one of these days?" he questioned.

I nodded. "I'm sure he'd love that... considering you're almost as immature as him." I teased.

He faked a mocked offense before laughing and heading to the exit of the venue.

"Thank you, Jack." I whispered as I watched him walk away.

"I'll always be your friend..." he whispered back before walking out.

I felt myself smile as I remained side stage... I had my friend back.

"That went well." a voice chimed in.

I didn't have to turn around to know who it was, I knew that voice so well.

"Has it become a habit of yours to stalk me every time I talk to Jack?" I asked.

He laughed. "Stalk you? I don't believe you're worth my time." Alex spat.

I sighed as I turned around to face him. "If everything you're going to say to me is insulting, why even bother talking to me?" I questioned.

He frowned and walked closer, towering over me like a God and I was insignificant.

"I want you to feel all the hate I have towards you. I want you to suffer like I did." he declared, his voice cold and his eyes deadly.

I felt tears brim my eyes but I couldn't let him see me be weak, I couldn't let him see that he could and was hurting me.

"If you hate me so much, why waste your breath on me?" I retorted, looking up at him.

He went to say something but stopped... he didn't know what to say for once.

"If you hate me so much,"

"Stop." he ordered, but I continued.

"why waste your time insulting me?" I said.

"If you hate me so much,"

"Stop!" he declared.

"why bother crossing paths with me?"

"Iris! Stop!" he shouted and so I did.

I looked at him like he was crazed, not daring to speak or even breath.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I whispered after a while of silence, letting a tear slip.