Chapter 2

"All Time Low."

My heart stopped. I hadn't seen or heard of ATL in so long... which I considered to be a good thing.

The phone slipped out of my hand, crashing with a loud bang on the floor.

Toby's lips moved a couple times, but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

I couldn't take Jd on a tour where his possible father would be at. I couldn't. If I did, Alex or Jack might find out... then Toby, Matt and Joel would know I've been lying to them all these years. Alex and Jack didn't reject me or my baby, they never found out; I didn't have the guts to tell them.

"Iris? Jen? Iris Jenadee fucking answer me!" Toby called out, his voice finally becoming audible.

"We-- I can't go on tour." I murmured.

"Why not? Alan, Aaron, Tino and Phil weren't okay with it?" he asked.

I shook my head. "It's them... the other supporting band... it's All Time Low." I said, my voice just above a whisper.

Toby's face went blank, I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling.

"We'll find another tour." he said after a long moment of silence.

I don't know why, but I broke down.

"N-- no! This band, that has been your life since day one, can't keep getting affected because of me!" I cried.

"Jen, you don't--"

"Don't try lying to me because I know its true! Every bad thing that happens to this band is because of me. The bad publicity for dating two members of the same band, they're bestfriends! And the four year hiatus was because I was stupid enough to get pregnant and now this tour that can help us get back on top... I can't do it because I'm afraid of facing the truth!" I rambled, my voice loud enough to wake the neighbors.

"It doesn't matter, none of that matters. Your happiness comes first... you know, every band member is just human." Toby said.

I wiped my tears away and picked my phone up from the ground.

I redialed Austin, since he had hung up after the phone dropped.

"What're you doing?" Toby asked.

I ignored him and waited for Austin to pick up.

"Iris? I was worried sick, I knew that was going to upset you. I'm so sorry, but I'm on my way to your place, I'll be there in half an hour." Austin rushed down the line.

"No, it's okay, spare the long drive. I'm fine. Um... we'll do it. Dead End Serenade will go on tour with Of Mice & Men and All Time Low." I concluded.

Austin went silent of the other side of the line and Toby's jaw dropped open.

"A-- are you sure?" Austin asked, his tone serious.

I nodded, though I knew he couldn't see me.

"You're nodding, aren't you?" he asked, amusement clearly evident in his voice.

"Yeah..." I murmured.

"Okay... I'll see you in a few days. I love you."

"I love you too, Austin."

We hung up at the same time and I took a deep breath as I faced Toby.

"Are you sure?" he asked, using the same serious tone as Austin.

"Yes, I'm positive." I said, rolling my eyes a little.

He sighed. "Don't do this if you're not going to be happy. You always put everyone's happiness before yours and that's starting to take it's toll." he said.