Chapter 19

The day after she woke up, Kokoro was visited a few times. Aizawa had come by again, this time with Hizashi and Nemuri accompanying him, and a few of her students had come with get well cards and gifts.

She had been updated about the situation vaguely by All Might and Tsukauchi. It seems that Yaoyorozu had managed to create a tracker and place it on a Nomu that had attacked the camp, and had been able to create a device to locate the tracker to help the heroes find the villain headquarters. And according to Tsukauchi Midoriya had woken up a bit earlier that day.

She didn't get a lot of information about the Bakugo case, all she knew was that they had suspicions on where he was and they would be holding a press conference that night.

"What about a brace?" Kokoro asked.

"Pardon?"

"A brace?  To supress my quirk? I'm assuming I'll be getting another one since my last one broke off."

"Yeah, about that. We believe that it might be beneficial for you to not receive another brace."

"What, why not?" Kokoro asked, unable to hide the shock on her face.

"It seems that Nezu had requested for it personally. To be honest I don't really know the exact reason myself, but if you ask me personally it's because you've proven that you're not all bad."

"Not all bad..." Kokoro muttered.

"I've also been informed to tell you that while on school grounds, you will be allowed to use your quirk, as long as there's someone supervising you."

"Yeah, I get it. Thanks." Kokoro said.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for the press conference." Tsukauchi bowed his head and walked out of the room, leaving Kokoro to sit alone in thought.

I'd be able to use my quirk... She thought, her gaze moving to look out the window. I wish they'd keep on suppressing it.

***

That evening Kokoro was stuck in her hospital room watching the live broadcast from UA. When Nezu had come by to tell her what was happening she had tried to get him to allow her to speak on the panel.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kowareta. You still need to rest after being in a traumatic event like that. Besides, it's better that you leave this to the pro heroes."

Leave it to the pro heroes he had said. Of course, she didn't want to sit still but what could she do? Her leg was still in a cast and her arm was in a sling. Even after a few treatments from recovery girl and the doctors she wasn't recovered enough to fight. Plus if she went against Nezu she might really go back to prison.

But that didn't stop her from feeling useless in this situation.

Useless. Useless.

Kokoro's body tensed and she could feel her quirk activate for just a second, and looking ahead of her she could see a dark figure flash into existence, amber eyes matching her's looking down at her before disappearing all together. Her hand reached up and ran through her hair as she forced herself to relax. Biting her lip, she reached for the remote with her other hand and turned on the TV, flipping to the channel the Press Conference was on.

"We are here to apologize." Aizawa started. "A recent incident allowed harm to come to 27 first year heroes. And we staff were ill prepared. We take responsibility for any trauma caused by our negligence. It's out duty to train heroes, but failed to protect heroes in training." He, alongside Nezu and Vlad King bowed towards the media. For once he looked put together. His hair was washed and pulled back and he was wearing a suit— a stark contrast to his usual baggy hero costume.

Reality (BnHA)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara