Chapter 11

After the final exams, Kokoro was sitting in the office finalizing the grades for the finals. She would be grateful for the summer, and a break from having to teach. At first it wasn't that bad, but since she was teaching Criminology to fifteen different classes, she work slowly piled up and she had soon been swamped by papers she had to grade.

"Kowareta, why didn't you tell me you were the one baking all those sweet snacks for us?!" A voice suddenly shouted, breaking Kokoro out of her concentration.

"W-What do you mean, Hizashi?" Kokoro asked, making an attempt to play dumb. Thanks to the man's loud voice, he had gotten the attention of the other teachers in the room, and now they were staring at the two.

"I mean those scrumptious bakes goods, yo! I didn't know who was brining them in for us, but then I overhead some of the students in my homeroom talking about how you brought them homemade mochi and I connected the dots. You should of told us it was you!"

Kokoro looked around at the other teachers to see them staring at her with unreadable expressions before clearing her throat and letting out a nervous laugh, "Hah, I'm sorry, you've got the wrong person, oh, look at the time, I should really head to 1-A's classroom! It is my last day of the term with them before summer break after all, don't want to be late!" She quickly gathered the papers and stacked them neatly in a small basket on her desk marked 'graded' and grabbed a small bag before quickly heading out of the room.

I should of known he would of connected the dots. He's not an idiot... Kokoro thought with a sigh, Well, there goes the other teachers eating what I bring, now that they know it was me they probably won't even touch any of it thinking it's poisoned.

She let out a small sigh as walked to 1-A's classroom and slid open the door to see everyone talking with each other. Aizawa must of already left the room.

"Miss Kowareta! Did you bring it!?" Ashido exclaimed, looking over at the shorter pink haired woman.

Kokoro looked at Ashido and smiled, reaching in her bag and pulling out a specific red and blue device, "I made a promise, didn't I? Who's ready for some Mario Kart?"

The class cheered and Kokoro set everything up.

By the end of the day, Kokoro was certain she had played more than a hundred games of Mario Kart, but she wouldn't of wanted anything else. She had lost a few and won a few, but it was a nice way to spend the last day of the term with everyone.

As she was walking through the halls with HIzashi following her, the two of them started to head back to the offices to finish collecting what she needed before summer, Nezu stopped her.

"Ms. Kowareta, would you mind coming with me for a second? I need to talk to you."

"Oh, of course, sir." Kokoro said, now following Nezu to his own office. Once they were there Kokoro sat on the chair and watched as Nezu climbed up onto his chair behind the desk. "What do you need to talk about?"

"As you're aware, the summer camp for the first year hero courses is coming up in a few weeks. I'd like you to go along with them."

Kokoro furrowed her brows, "Why me? Surely there are better options."

"Well, to put it simply, you can't be left alone the entire summer. You've only been out of prison for two months, at most, and you still need to be under hero supervision."

"And going to the camp is the easiest way for me to be supervised." Kokoro said, "Well, it could be worse. Guess I'm going to camp."

After attending the end of semester Assembly, Kokoro walked out of the building and headed home.

***

A few days had passed by and Kokoro had woken up to the sounds of an intruder.

The sound of rustling in her kitchen woke her up, she lived alone. Still half asleep she grabbed a hanger from her closet and inched down the hallway towards the kitchen. Once she was close she jumped around the corner and held the hanger out in front of her.

"I don't know who you are but you'd better leave my house before I do something I regret!" She shouted out.

The intruder paused from where they were and closed the cabinet they were looking through. "You're going to defend yourself with that?" They asked, closing the cabinet door and revealing that it wasn't much of an intruder than a nosy Pro Hero.

Kokoro glanced down at the hanger then back at Aizawa. "It's not like I'm allowed to use guns or combat knives, much less have them in my house. Besides, I know how to fight" She said, lowering the hanger and placed her hand her hip, "What are you even doing here anyways, other than looking through my food?"

"Well, Nezu told me to check in on you, and what you had in your house."

"So, you decided to just invite yourself in and then ransack my cabinet and drawers?" Kokoro looked at him with a deadpan expression before letting out a sigh. "You've been patrolling all night, haven't you? Go, sit down I'll make some breakfast. How do eggs sound?"

After cooking, Kokoro gave Aizawa a plate of food and set down her own, after putting some toppings on she started eating. "So, Nezu told you to come check in on me and to make sure I'm not hiding any murder weapons in my house. Sounds about right."

"You don't seem too surprised."

"Well, I can understand why. I am an ex-convict after all. Honestly I didn't expect this to be the reason why he asked for a copy of my home key. This is just what happens when you get arrested for murder and then get released. I might be more free than I was before, but I'm still not entirely free." She reached up and traced her finger over the neck brace. "Sorry I'm still tired so I'm rambling a bit."

"It's fine." Aizawa said. His phone buzzed and he looked down to check the time, "Looks like I have to head out. Vlad wants to go over the student's quicks."

"For training camp, right?"

Aizawa nodded.

"Well then, don't let me keep you. I'll be seeing you for camp soon, anyways." She looked at him with a smile, "Oh an next time, make sure to call me before intruding, okay?"