Chapter 4

It was finally Sunday. The day Kokoro was going to be meeting the rest of the teaching staff at U.A, and the day before she would be starting her teaching lessons.

In the past few days most of her furniture had been delivered, which meant she finally had a bed and a workspace, and so much more. But most importantly she finally managed to get a lab coat. Without it she felt naked, but now Kokoro felt as if she could take on the world.

Which reminded her, she needed to get going.

She headed to her garage and put on her helmet. She packed what she needed in her bag, along with her lab coat and got onto her motorcycle and one the garage door was open she was off.

Kokoro arrived at U.A and parked in her assigned spot. Putting her motorcycle in park and taking the keys out of the ignition she leaned back and slipped off her helmet, running her hands through her hair to try to fix her helmet hair.

"Hey, hey!" A voice exclaimed and Kokoro looked to see a familiar blond haired man walk up to her. Present Mic. "You're the new teacher, aren't ya?"

Kokoro nodded in greeting, "I am. Kowareta Kokoro, it's a pleasure."

"Well Kowareta, I'm Present Mic, though to my co-workers I'm Yamada Hizashi. You can just call me Hizashi."

"Going straight to the first name, huh? Well, alright, I'll take you up on that offer, Hizashi." She stood her motorcycle up and got off. Reaching in her bag she grabbed her lab coat and slid it on before looking up at Hizashi.

Hizashi beamed, "Why don't I walk you in! I can show you the way to the conference room!"

"I would appreciate that, thank you."

As they walked the two of them chatted, getting to know each other. Hizashi told her about some of the other teachers at the school, Snipe, Eraser Head, Midnight, and All Might. Kokoro was shocked to hear that All Might was teaching at this school— though she assumed everyone who wasn't in prison already knew about that so she managed to mask the shock from her face.

"Here we are!" Hizashi said, the two of them stopping in front of two doors that had a sign reading 'conference room' above them. "Why don't we head in?"

"Sounds good."

Hizashi opened the door and the two of them stepped in. Looking around Kokoro saw that there were already a few other teachers sitting around a U-shaped table. The voice hero went ahead and sat in one of the chairs, not knowing if they had specific seats Kokoro stayed at the entrance of the room and looked around.

"Ah, good morning Miss Kowareta! I'm glad you could make it!" Nezu exclaimed. "Please, take a seat anywhere, the other teachers will be arriving soon and the meeting will start."

Kokoro nodded, "Thank you." She moved to sit beside Hizashi— since he was the only teacher other than Nezu that she knew at the moment.

"Kowareta, I'd like you to meet my bud, Eraser Head!" Hizashi said, motioning to the tired looking man sitting on the opposite side of him.

"Aizawa is fine." The man said, not even trying to hide the tiredness from his voice.

"Kowareta Kokoro."

"Alright, now that it looks like everyone is here let's start the meeting!" Nezu exclaimed. "I'm sure you've all noticed a new face today, Miss Kowareta, would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Of course." She stood up and cleared her throat. "My name is Kowareta Kokoro. I'm going to be the new Criminology teacher for both hero courses and the general courses, as well as the new Quirkless defense teacher for the hero course first and third years. It's a pleasure to meet you all." She bowed in greeting before straightening up and looking at all the other teachers there.

"I'm know that you are all aware of her circumstances, but despite that please treat her as if she were a regular co-worker!" Nezu exclaimed.

Going by the looks on some of the other teacher's faces Kokoro could tell they had some skepticism about her. They didn't trust her and she didn't blame them. If she were in their shoes she wouldn't trust herself either.

"With that being said, let's get on with the meeting."

***

The meeting ended around two hours later. Nezu had talked about the internships, the Hero Killer incident, and some basic plans for the practical final exams. Apparently the kids were going to face off against robots from their entrance exam, though Nezu had mentioned that the practical was subject to change due to the trials that Class A had gone through this year.

Kokoro didn't actually know what class A had gone through, but going by the tone Nezu spoke with and the reactions of the other teachers she could only assume that it was some kind of villain attack.

As she got up to get ready to head out, most of them walking by her without even acknowledging her, she noticed someone heading up to her. The rated R hero Midnight, who Kokoro learned her name was Kayama Nemuri.

"So, Kowareta, you think you're ready to start teaching?"

"No. Absolutely not." Kokoro answered, relieved that not all the teachers were avoiding her like the plague. "There's a lot I have to cover before the final exams, and these kids haven't gotten a lot of Criminology or Forensics under their belts. It's going to be difficult to catch them up to speed." The two of them had started to walk out of the conference room and started walking down the hallway to the parking lot. "Especially since finals are only a month and a half away."

"I'm sure you're going to do fine. You can't be as bad as Eraser. That man just sleeps during his classes." She said.

"Does he? Well if I remember correctly he's an underground hero who works mostly at night. It only makes sense that he's tired throughout the day."

"And even then he's never been late to school once."

"Wait, really? That's shocking."

"Tell me about it." By now they had reached the parking lot, Kokoro slowly walking towards her motocycle while Nemuri followed. "A motorcycle?" She asked upon seeing the vehicle.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Are those not allowed or something?"

"Oh, no! They're allowed! I just didn't expect you to be someone who rides one." Midnight said, glancing from the motorcycle to Kokoro.

Kokoro chucked. "Yeah, I've gotten that quite a bit. Mostly when I was getting my license. I'm a 5'2 woman with bubblegum pink hair so I guess I can see where people are coming from. Anyways, it was nice chatting with you, but I need to head out. I'll see you tomorrow."

Nemuri smiled, "See you tomorrow."

With that the woman headed to her own car and Kokoro got ready to start riding. Taking off her lab coat and putting on her helmet.

As she sat on her motorcycle, she looked up at the towering school building. Tomorrow she would start teaching the kids that attended there. Tomorrow she would officially start her new life as a U.A teacher.