Chapter 10

The three days of the written exams had gone by, and it was eventually time for the practicals. Kokoro stood in the observation room, Chiyo in a chair right next to her.

"Looks like I have a lot of work cut out for me today." Chiyo sighed.

"At least you don't have to deal with the stupid injuries." Kokoro said.

She huffed, "The only stupid injuries I get are when you come into my office after trying to show off!"

"...you got me there..." she muttered, then turned her head as she heard the door slide open and footsteps behind her to see Midoriya and Uraraka walking into the observation room.

"Hello you two, not going to strategize with your partners?" She asked, getting their attention.

"I would but my partners kind of preoccupied with himself." Uraraka said.

"And I don't think Kacchan really wants to talk strategy with me." Midoriya said.

"I thought I could try to get inspiration from everyone else's battles."

"Smart."

"That's a good plan. Some of the best strategies are ones made up with others for reference." Kokoro said as she looked up at the screen. The first match was starting.

"Team Sato and Kirishima practical exam. ready? Go."

Kokoro watched as the two of them ran along the Main Street, straight towards Cementoss. The pro hero created a large wall of cement just in front of Kirishima and Sato, causing them to recoil and jump back. As the two of them activated their quirks and punched through cement wall after cement wall, Kokoro couldn't help but let out a sigh.

"You alright, Miss Kowareta?" Uraraka asked.

"I'm fine, but they won't be."

"Right. They're not going to win it like this." Midoriya said.

Uraraka looked between the two fo them with a confused expression on her face.

"Look closely. The two of them are strong, strong enough to break through solid cement, but their stamina doesn't match up. They'll soon be worn out and Cementoss will be the victor."

"Exactly, they have a limit to how long they can use them. They won't last forever." Midoriya added. "Mr. Aizawa pitted the students against teachers they'll have a hard time against. To pass we'll have to recognize our weaknesses... and overcome them."

You picked up on that pretty quickly. Good on ya. Kokoro thought.

"Exactly right." Chiyo said, brining the attention back to her. "So before it's time for your own final, you should think carefully about your compatibility with the teacher your fighting."

Kokoro looked back towards the screen and watched as Cementoss surrounded the two of them before the dome retreated, revealing Kirishima and Sato passed out on the ground.

"Sato and Kirishima have been knocked out. Exam over." The announcer said

"It's only the first match and I'm already needed." Chiyo said, shuffling off of the chair and walking out of the door.

"No way... it was that one-sided?" Uraraka asked in horror.

"Their quirks were too ineffective against his..." Midoriya said.

"Don't forget you two. Your quirks aren't your only method of fighting. I haven't spent this past month and a half teaching you hand to hand combat for nothing. This exam is hard, but I have no doubt that you'll be able to make it through with everything you've learned."