Chapter 5

It was Monday morning and Kokoro was sitting on her motorcycle with her head in her hands. There was no way she could do this.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked, causing Kokoro to jump. She turned to see a man dressed in all black standing beside her. Aizawa.

"I'm dreading my oncoming classes. I'm an idiot to think I can teach anyone, much less heroes in training."

"It's irrational to think about that now. You've already accepted the job and gotten this far, there's no use in giving up."

Kokoro was quiet for a second before she let out a sigh. "Yeah. You're right. This is all first day jitters, yeah, that's all it is." She ran a hand through her hair and let took a deep breath. "Thanks."

Aizawa just looked at her before turning around, "You're teaching Class 1-A first, right? It would be smart if you prepare yourself." Then he walked away, not letting Kokoro respond.

"That's not a good thing to hear." Kokoro muttered to herself. "And just after he reassured me. Well, he's right. If I back out now I'm just giving up. I just got to power through this!" She balled her hand into a fist and got off her motorcycle. She slipped on her lab coat and grabbed her bag from the lockbox connected to her motorcycle. She was going to go in and do her job.

***

It was soon time for second period, the period where she'd be teaching Class 1-A Criminology. She had looked over her schedule and it looked like she taught different courses and class sections each day. Mondays were 1-A, 2-A, and 3-A, second, third, and fourth periods respectively. Then after lunch she taught Quirkless Defense to class 1-A last period.

Currently she was standing outside 1-A's classroom. From inside she could hear muffled chatter from the students. The door suddenly opened and she was suddenly face to face, or face to chest, with Aizawa. The man towered over her.

"Ah, you're here." He said, looking down at her.

"Of course. I'm not going to give up before my first day." Kokoro said as she looked up with a determined look in her face.

Aizawa nodded and adjusted the yellow sleeping bag he was holding. "Good luck." He said before moving around her and walking down the hallway- most likely to find a place to take a nap. He did look tired.

Good luck, yeah. I'm going to need it. Kokoro thought with a sigh as she walked into the room, the class slowly going quiet once they noticed her walk in. She stepped up to the podium and looked over the students, taking in their faces and committing them to memory.

"Um, excuse me miss, are you a sub for Mr. Ectoplasm? Ribbit." A girl with frog-like features asked as she raised her hand.

"I guess you weren't notified by your homeroom teacher." Kokoro said. "Starting today a new class is being added to your curriculum. Welcome to Criminology."

"Isn't it a little late to add an entirely new class to the school curriculum?" A girl with a spiky ponytail asked.

"It's never to late to start learning something new! And I promise to make this transition easy for you all. Now, I've realized I've never introduced myself. I'm Kowareta Kokoro, please address me as Ms. Kowareta. Now, if anyone has any questions I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Oh, and please say your names as well so I can get to know you all."

A few students raised their hands and Kokoro pointed at a boy with curly green hair and freckles.

"Oh! Um I'm Midoriya Izuku. I was just wondering, what's your quirk?"

Kokoro paused for a second at the question. She had figured she'd get it at some point but it still caught her off guard. After brief hesitation she gave him a smile. "That's for me to know and you to find out."

The boy looked slightly disheartened but it was quickly replaced by a look of determination. Kokoro moved onto the next student, a boy with glasses.

"Hello. I'm Iida Tenya. I was just wondering what we could expect from this class?"

"Glad you asked, Iida! In this class you'll learn about crime and criminal behavior." She raised her hand and pointed to her head, giving the class a smile, "To take down a criminal you've got to be able to think like one. We'll also be going over some Forensics. You all might be wanting to become heroes, but you'll all have to work alongside the police to solve a crime at some points in your career."

"Woah, cool! Are we gonna be like detectives? Sounds like fun!" A girl with pink skin exclaimed, a wide smile on her face.

"At times it will be fun. I'm going to be running my class a bit differently than your other ones. I won't be doing tests, instead I'll be doing labs depending on the unit we're finishing. I know classes can be boring, so I'm going to try my best to make this fun for you all!" She looked at the class and watched as everyone looked at each other in excitement, then they started cheering. She held her hand up to silence them and after a minute or two they were back in their seats, all buzzing with excitement.

"Of course, I'm still going to have to lecture and teach you things, you guys can't become crime stoppers overnight after all. Now, anyone have anymore questions?"

A few more students raised their hands, and Kokoro's first 1-A Criminology class consisted with her answering everyone's questions. Some people asked about the course, while others asked about her personal life. A boy with grape-like hair, Mineta, had asked if she were single.

"I don't have anyone at the time. I've been focused on work in the past and the only relationship I've been in didn't really worked out." She answered, not liking the look Mineta got in his eyes at her answer. She had a bad feeling about that kid. She glanced at the clock and clapped her hands together. "Well, it looks like class is almost done. If any of you have any more questions I'll answer them next class. Though before class is dismissed I'd like to leave you all with a question, hopefully one of you can answer it by next Monday." She placed her hands in her pockets, "What's the difference between a Villain and a Criminal?"

Right after she asked the question the bell rang and the door burst open, revealing Hizashi. "Hey, hey, hey! I hope all of you are ready to learn some English! Yeah!" He exclaimed as he walked into the room.

"Well, that's my cue to leave. Think about that question, and I'll be expecting some kind of answer next class." She gave them a smile and walked out of the room, letting Hizashi take over the class. The moment the door closed Kokoro let out a sigh. That wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

"You did well." A voice said, causing Kokoro to jump and look to her side, seeing no one, then looking at the ground and seeing a yellow lump laying on the ground.

"You were listening in?" Kokoro asked.

"Nezu told me to do so. You might not be able to use your quirk but not everyone on the staff trusts you just yet. It would be illogical of the school to leave you unsupervised. Yet we can't have the students suspecting anything."

"So you're supervising me just in case I suddenly turn. I understand. Well, if you need to supervise me closer I am a new teacher. It's perfectly understandable for you to stand in on a class to make sure I'm doing my job properly." She looked up to look the man in the eyes and gave him a smile. "Just a suggestion. Now I don't mean to be rude and cut our conversation short but I need to head to class 2-A." With that she moved around him and started walking down the hall, heading to her next class.

This job might not be all too bad. It sure as hell beats prison. She thought as she walked down the hallway to the second year's section. Who knows, this might end up being life-changing.